Chapter 30

Ch.30

After what seemed to be a long day making sure that everyone at Reed Enterprise were adjusting to the slight change of having Skylar in charge, Craig's day had been winding down. For the first part of his day, he spent it wrapped in meetings backing Skylar and reaffirming Emory's decision to the rest of the board members. Due to the fact that half of the board members were wolves who were representatives from other packs that stood with Emory and their pack, it wasn't difficult for them to fall in line with the sudden change, and to have them see Skylar in a more authoritative position. Although some of them didn't fully agree with the decision no one on that side made much of a fuss. But when it came to the human's it was another story all together.

With the humans being more financially driven, and under the guise that Skylar had passed away, it wasn't hard for him to see where most of them were coming from.

From the outside looking in, it didn't make much sense to give a kid that just mysteriously came out of nowhere such an outstanding position. Even if the position was just a temporary one, Skylar didn't have the backing that Emory had, and to the human's even if he were a Reed, he was kid that lacked any real experience in their company, and because of that it gave them cause to question him and Emory's position on the matter. Money was their top priority and making sure that Reed Enterprise could continue to deliver was their main goal, and they didn't want some kid to ruin what everyone had worked so hard to build.

As frustrating as it was to win them over and to dismantle any of their doubts, they were able to settle their discomfort on the matter, and part of that was due to Sonny and his smooth tongue.

If anything, Craig had to admit, that Sonny was great at talking the human's down. With him being such an open person and quick with his words, he was able to build a strong bond with the humans on the board. Of course, with them working so close within the company they were fully aware of everything that was going on within the company and that also meant that they were aware of who they were working with. With most of them had been dealing with their kind for generations so their knowledge on the werewolf kind had been passed down. Some of them were former hunters, whose family had gotten wrapped up within the werewolf world. Some of them still had their...prejudice when it came to their kind, and some didn't. So, for Sonny to maneuver through them the way he did, earned Craig's and Emory's respect. He was very good with what he did, and with everything that he had learned over the years, he had easily made his way up through the ranks in the pack, and respectfully earned his position as Emory's third.

All in all, with their being two completely different sides to the matter, each with their own concerns, they were able to come to an agreement, especially with Sonny and Jonah both guiding the conversation.

After all of the meetings wrapped up, Craig had to make his way to the construction sight for one of their newly developing areas. Which happened to be in the next state over. It wasn't much that he had to do, considering that work had been in production for a few weeks now, and was being overseen by another member in the pack while he was away. But for a piece of his mind, and to take the work load off of Emory's and now Skylar's plate, he wanted to make sure that everything was going to plan.

With the newly construction sight up and running, he needed to make sure that the plans for the new residential area were still on track.

With Emory now moving to his next phase with his war with Colton, Craig was sure that things would be quickly coming to ahead, and because of this he wanted to be well prepared for the new intake of wolves that they would acquire if they were to succeed in battle.