Chapter 4

Chapter 4

"I'm open Sky!" Danny yelled running down the field.

Skylar spotted her and watched as she dodged the two guys trying to block the pass. When she got a little space between her and the two guys she double stepped them and ran the other way waiting for Skylar to lodge the ball her way. When Skylar saw his opening threw the football towards Danny, and watched as the girl jumped up and caught the ball with ease and ran towards the field goal.

Throwing the ball down Danny smiled as if she had won the Super Bowl. Running into Skylar and the other guys arms, she begun to laugh and celebrate with them.

"That's my girl." Johnny, one of the guys on Skylar and Danny's team said coming up from behind her and throwing his arms around her neck bringing her closer to him.

"Did you see that catch," Casey said giving Danny dab, as they begun to make their way off the field. "Damn girl, you got mad game." He said.

"Why don't you all tell me something I don't know." Danny said walking over to the cooler, and she began to hand each of the guys something to drink.

"Yeah, yeah, Danny." Josiah said walking over to the others and grabbing a cold beer from Danny. "Next time we're going to win."

"Of course you are Josh," Danny said walking over to Skylar and handing him a beer. As she did, she smiled at him and winked. "You just keep telling yourself that."

"Whatever man." Josiah said taking a seat.

"Yeah well, it was nice beating you but, Sky and I have to go." Danny said reaching down and pulling Skylar by the arms. She smiled at all her boys and grabbed a couple more of beers and forced Skylar to walk away.

"Yo Sky, man don't forget, I need your notes for the phych. Lecture Monday." Casey said watching as a group of girls made their way on the field setting up for a volleyball game. Knowing full well that the guys were not leaving, caused Danny to shake her head.

"I won't." Skylar said not even bothering to look at the girls in their short shorts and tight clothes. Instead he grabbed Danny's hand and hauled her towards he car.

Once they were inside the car, Danny pulled off and begun to make her way down the road away from the college and the campus.

Skylar placed his head on the seat and sighed. He enjoyed this moment. He enjoyed the silence that surrounded the car. And although he loved the quietness he knew that Danny, was dying to talk.

He known her for four years now, and within those years he'd learned a lot about the outspoken human sitting next to him. She was caring, and crazy and he loved that about her. He also loved the way that she could walk up to anyone and start a conversation up with them. To Skylar himself, Danny had reminded him, a lot of himself, well of who he use to be. In a way when he was around him, Skylar somehow felt like things had never changed. She brought back the old Skylar. She was the only one that could get him to talk long enough to get something from him. She made him laugh, she made him aware, and most importantly, she brought his wolf back to him.

They were just on the outskirts of town when Danny pulled the car over and got out. Skylar did the same thing and got out the car.

"Are you ready?" Danny said walking around the car and over to Skylar.

Looking down at her, Skylar smiled. "Yeah." He said walking to the surrounding forest. It had been a little over a week since they last been out here. And every time they were here, Skylar felt himself growing stronger and stronger.