Chapter 28

OOOOOMMMMGGGG.....please guys don't hate me!!! I am so sorry. I started a new job back in November and the hours that I've been working have been crazy. Please don't think that I have forgotten about my stories because I haven't. In fact I've had plenty of time to think about how I want each of them to turn out, I just haven't had the time to sit and type. But I was able to push this chapter out. Hopefully you all enjoy this chapter, and hopefully I can push another chapter out by the end of the day, and we can have a two for one. But I wanted to get this one out and to let you all know that I'm still going. So enjoy the chapter and don't forget to drop some comments, because you all know how much I love to hear from you. <3 

Chapter 28

Arriving to work for the first time as the CEO, Skylar couldn't help but to feel a little overwhelmed by such a large title. He couldn't begin to recall all of the times where he'd arrived at the building to accompany Emory whenever he had free time. He even spent a large part of that time being tutored because Emory thought that it would be the perfect way to keep him close enough to keep an eye on him, but busy enough to keep him out of the way.

Back then, Skylar was a child and had little to no expectations on every having the title that his brother had.

And now that he was, he couldn't help the shivers that ran up his spine.

Part of him didn't think he was ready for something like this. He didn't want to let his brother down, especially when he was giving him a chance to care the family's name. And after everything that he put them through, the last thing that Skylar wanted to do was ruin the company that his grandfather and father started and his brother worked so hard to keep going.

To say that the handover was an easy thing to deal with would definitely be an understander statement. How else would one come from supposed death to taking over a family ran company? To his answer, he'd found himself the at the center of conversation and the curious eye glances from the moment he had stepped into the boardroom. He was met with hushed whispers and wild theories throughout the day.

But luckily for him, Sonny, Craig and Jonah had been there to shift the conversations in the directions that they needed to be. While Craig had settled for a quick and direct statement that no one seemed to want to question, Jonah handled it with a far gentler tone using his soothing voice and honest eyes to reassure everyone on what was happening.

He even went so far as to make a reassuring joke of how wealthy families often kicked a member out if they weren't successful enough to run with the families. It gathered him a laugh or two and he had handed the room over to Skylar so that he could reintroduce himself to everyone and introduce himself to those that were new.

He tried his best to do it as best as Emory would and held his composure, not wanting to give his brother a reason to doubt him. When he was done talking to the board members, he excused himself and let Clover guide him to his office.

"Well, that went well." She stated in a soft and reassuring tone as she led Skylar and Shawn down the hall, doing her best to ignore the stares from those that were lingering around the hall.

"You think so?" Skylar responded back in a doubtful tone.

"Of course, I do." She said as she darted her eyes in his direction. "You were amazing." She said as she came to a stop by a closed door. Shifting the papers in her arms and reaching for the door handle, she pushed the door open with ease revealing another office that was almost as big as the one Emery had.