Chapter 3

Chapter 3

It had been months since Skylar had left the pack. And during this time he spent most of it, surrounded by forest. He didn't have a clue on where he was or where he was going. The only thing that was on his mind was her. Clover Jenkins had rejected him, torn his heart out of his chest and left him to die on his brother's hard cold floor. What other thing was there to do besides leave. He wasn't going to stay around there and watch as the one person destined to be his went off and found love with someone else, and his brother at that.

Every time Skylar thought about it, a piece of him broke more and more. He was literally starting to become nothing. He could barely feel his wolf. From the time Clover had rejected him, Skylar's wolf had done a thing. It was like he wasn't even there. Skylar had been wondering near the woods when he came across a smell. The smell of bar-be-que had been lingering in the air, catching his attention He noticed that his stomach started to growl reminding him of how long its been since he had last eaten anything. Looking up he could see a restaurant with a couple of cars parked in front of it.

Deciding that it was time to get something to eat, he'd crossed the street and begun to make his way over to the restaurant. Walking in he noticed that the place was a lot crowded than he had expected it to be. There was a couple of families sitting here and there enjoying their food, and talking about their day. In the far left of the place he noticed an elderly couple sitting and talking in peace.

Walking in their direction Skylar decided to seat and watch the two in quite. As he sat and watched the two, Skylar couldn't help but to imagine how different things could have been if he'd done right by Clover. Maybe she wouldn't have rejected him, and shattered both of their worlds. Maybe she would have been happy mating to him. Maybe they could have been like the two elder people that he was watching, and they could have grown old together.

Feeling his heart break at the thought, Skylar hung his head low.

This wasn't how his life was supposed to turn out. Things were suppose to be different. Things were suppose to be better. He was suppose to be better.

Skylar had never seen a rejected wolf before, but he had heard plenty about them. He'd heard that they weren't pretty, and he'd heard that they hurt like a bitch. But the pain of being rejected was something far worse than he'd ever felt. His first shift alone had nothing on this kind of pain. The person that was meant to be with him didn't want him. And that was the most painful part to deal with.

Sensing someone standing next to him, Skylar looked up. His eyes made contact with a pretty petite red head who was smiling down at him. She seemed to be around his age, and the way she was eyeing him, told him what type of girl she was.

"She anything you like?" She asked. The smile that she flashed him did not go over.

He saw the way that she was looking at him. But that look alone did nothing for him. She meant nothing to him. He had a beautiful red head back home, but he ruined things, and anything or anyone else would just be some cheap knock off.

"I'll just take the burger and frie."Skylar said in a dry tone, turning his head to focus back on the couple.

He waited for the waitress to leave, but she stood there for a couple of seconds longer than she should have.

When she finally left, he was relieved. But she returned a couple of minutes later with his order.

Instead of eating, Skylar just let his mind wonder. He wondered what Clover was doing at this very moment. He wondered if she was thinking about him the same way that he was thinking about her. He wondered if she missed him as much as he missed her. And with ever passing thought Skylar just seemed to break.