Rant+poem

*skip to the bottom if you just want the poem... but it has deeper meaning with the rant*

It's not that I dont like you, god I do, it's just, if I let you like me, then you'll end up hurt and because of that I'll be hurt, because I care about you. And because I care so much, I wont give you an opportunity to be hurt by my faults. You see? It's a cycle only if I let it continue, so I dont let it continue. I'm not an approachable person if you like me deeper than friendship. And even when it comes to just friends, I'm cautious. I hate it, but in the long run it's better for the both of us.
And yeah, there are those 'its their choice to like me so I should let them choose to take the risk' arguments, or the "even one second of happiness with you makes up the darkest years without" things... but it's easier on me this way. Yeah, those situations are cute in books and movies... but it is such a pain in the ass, one I dont want to deal with if I don't have to.
And of course, I cant seem to keep my wandering thoughts away from that boy, even if you and I work well... its a bad habit I'm still trying to break. So if I cant even give you my full attention, whats the point?

Umbrellas open in the rain
Keeping away the freezing pain
Circles go round n round
Untill you're off the play-ground
Blankets stop the falling snow
But so do clothes when worn just so

What I mean to say is this
Protect yourself before it hits
Love is just a wicked game
If you have no piece, you cannot play

My player has been melted down
Rarely will others've found
But when they do
They're stuck too
I kick them away
None are left today

And sometimes I forget
I'll flirt just a little bit
But I throw walls up so fast
You'd think you've stepped on glass
Then your back is to me
And I'll be sad but happy