8: School festival

Edited/re-written on 28/05/23

TW: Fighting, bullying and body-shaming.

Chatter bounced along the school's walls, the girls were getting all hyped up and chatty about the upcoming school festival. The boys couldn't care less as they glanced out the window.

"So are you guys excited for the upcoming school festival." Mira asked. You were currently sitting on the chair next to hers engaging in a conversation with her and Zoe.

Throughout the week when you had drinks with Zoe and fought for Mira, you had gotten to know them more and would consider them friends. They were both really nice people, and you found yourself being comfortable with them.

"I wouldn't say I'm super excited or anything like that, but I feel like it will be fun." You replied to Mira while looking at the two girls.

"I'm super excited for the slave auction. I'll be spending all my saved up money to buy Danny." Zoe smiled as she looked towards Daniel who was once again trying to converse with Zack.

With a sigh you leaned down onto the desk, "I find the slave auction a little weird don't cha as well?" They turned to you in confusion.

"What's so weird about it?" Zoe furrowed her brows trying to think of why it was weird.

"Well it is a little weird, I'm just glad that they only do it to the boys and not us girls." Mira said while you nodded your head along with her, you could shudder and think of what that would be like.

Zoe looked at the two of you while brushing her black bob out of her face, "Are you guys gonna bring anyone to the festival?"

Mira shook her head.

"I might bring my brother and a friend, but I doubt my brother will want to come." Taehoon didn't necessarily seem like the person who'd come but hey you guys could the arcade after it if it was boring.

"You have a brother?" Zoe and Mira exclaimed making some of the class look your way.

"Yeah, younger by two years. Second year middle school."

They nodded their heads though Zoe decided to ask you a question. "Who's the friend you might bring?"

You fished out your phone from your pocket and tried to find a nice-ish photo of Taehoon. Settling on a photo of Taehoon when the two of you were at the arcade, Taehoon was sitting on the metal stall playing the fighting game, so you sneaked in a photo of him. Showing it to the two girls you explained to them who it was.

"Oh, him. He's Taehoon."

Zoe blushed at the phone and looked at you, "You have to bring him, he's so fine."

Pocketing the phone you smiled, "Maybe, I'll see what he says."

"Was he the guy that Zack and I saw when we went studying." Mira questioned.

"Yep"

-

Mira some how convinced you to have lunch in the canteen area, plus she said she would pay for the food. So here you were sitting with Mira and Zack, who came along after you and Mira.

People's attention shifted to your table when they saw you. People started to whisper about you, about how you can fight. Though their attention didn't last long, Daniel sat down with Jiho and another person who you didn't know.

People whispered about how kind Daniel is and how he's protecting the weak. But the whispering came to a stop when a cup was thrown at the unfamiliar person.

"Hey Duke, get me some water" You recognised the person who threw the cup as Vin Jin from the vocal department.

Vin Jin 'talked' to Daniel while Daniel glared at him. You watched in interest as you watch Zack get up and speak to him.