twenty seven.

Important Authors Note at the End.

-

"I'm sorry," Gemma mumbles, quietly.

The air is palpable between them in Myra's room. The two siblings are sat opposite each other, trying to stir off the awkward air, and relax the knotted nerves. Harry is confused, and not certain of what exactly she is apologising for. Is it for getting pregnant or for keeping every single thing away from him? He is not sure, and he really does not want to ask but he has to.

"Why?" he groans, quietly.

Before she can speak, Harry finds his mind instantly dart back to the moment before Gemma and Zayn walked in. And it clicks in his head. Iman was about to tell him something, and they were abruptly stopped, and now he finds himself getting anxiously curious about what it is that she has to say.

Hopefully, it has nothing to with the other guy, and hopefully he can tell her his mind before she says anything.

Now, this is definitely a big deal for Harry. He is finding himself gathering courage to talk about his feelings with the person responsible, and he knows it is a 50/50 chance at the end, but he is ready to risk it. This is what adults apparently do, speak their thoughts and accept whatever result given back.

"Harry, don't zone out please," Gemma says, slowly waving a hand across his face and immediately grabbing back his attention.

Harry blinks and bites down his lip. "Say...Say why, please."

"Okay, I am sorry for not being a proper sister as I should be. Lately, I have just been secretive, selfish and annoying just because I still hold the assumptions of you being too fragile in my head. There has been so much time for us to bond properly and talk, but it's either being an excuse of the twins and something stupid." Gemma breathes out, wrinkling her forehead and trying hard to compose herself.

"No. G-Gemma is...is not stupid...like...like do not...not say so, please," Harry corrects, frowning and slowly patting his palm against his knee.

"Yeah, but there is so much I could have done to prevent you being upset with me, and as well Niall, and we are sorry. I am going to speak for myself first and say, I am sorry Harry. To me, I assumed you would be upset about myself and Niall being in a relationship and I did not want to annoy you the more. Yes, I could have taken precautions but we all know, life just happens, and we sometimes cannot help it," she murmurs, trying to keep eye contact with him.

"Y-Yeah...," Harry says, shakily. "Like...Like H-Harry and Linda....I guess."

Even saying her name causes a sting around his chest, and he knows he has insentiently created a resentment against Linda. Years on, he still does not want to judge her and hopes maybe one day, she can properly explain her reasons for hiding the pregnancy, completely avoiding him and just dropping the child with him through her mother.

It will never make sense to him, but he knows there has to be a reason.

"Are you still hurt over Linda?" Gemma pauses, moving closer to him with a concerned frown.

"J-Just confused...yeah...confused. No...no...no word or anything...anything from h-her till...till today Gemma and...that h-hurt H-Harry," he frowns, looking away and fumbling with his fingers.

"It will get better, it always gets better, no matter long it takes, I promise," she tries to sound as positive as ever.

Harry parts his lips to speak and deepens his frown. "H-How?"

"Well you can move on with time, fall in love with someone else or move in another way, you know moving on is not all about falling in love again but yeah," Gemma quirks up a smile, trying to be subtly indirect.