thirty three.

Oops.

-

A small kiss is pressed to the side of his face. Soft, gentle and bursting with love, just like his heart and it makes him feel the familiar emotions swirl through his heart. It does not fight the heaviness of sleep pooling beneath his eyelids, but it sure acts as a reminder of a beautiful reality that once seemed impossible.

"Hmn," Harry hums, sinking further into the warm sofa.

"Hi," Iman smiles, kneeling next to him and smiling.

It's been two beautiful weeks since they both confirmed their feelings for each other, and it has felt like the heavens have truly been on their side with everything falling into ease for both Harry and Iman. Not much has been happening between the new lovers, but they never fail to remind themselves how gentle and careful they should be with each other's heart.

"I see you slept off," she observes, brushing the pad of her thumb through his jawline.

"N-No," he mumbles, keeping his eyes closed.

"Yes, you slept off." Iman tries not to laugh, staring at him.

"Noooooooooooooo," Harry insists, licking his bottom lip to wake himself up.

"Any ways, I decided to make some lunch since you slept off," she states, sitting down on the little space on the sofa.

As hard as it can be for Harry when it comes to touch and proximity, he is trying his best to adjust and just be comfortable with the girl he cares deeply about. Be it with Iman, Myra or his mum, he wants them to be happy around him and of course, he also wants to be happy around them. It has not been easy for him and it will not happen overnight, but with time, everything will be just fine.

The sight of the living room becomes clear as he opens his eyes, and he catches a glimpse of his cat sleeping under the table. A lovely afternoon with Myra plus heavy rain turned into almost four hours of blissful sleep, and he cannot explain how amazing he is feeling after that nap. He sniffs a bit and blinks at the sight of Iman, who is carefully watching him.

"Do you believe me now?" she asks, quirking an eyebrow.

"Noooooo," he drawls, dragging his eyebrows together.

"I have proof on how you slept off though," Iman giggles, trying to keep eye contact with him.

Harry slowly hauls himself to sit up on the sofa, groaning as his tousled hair falls down to curtain almost all of his face and he fidgets a bit. Iman places a small pillow behind his back and smiles in adoration, observing him recoil into his social shell as a child would. He bites down his lip, still frowning and gently looking from her.

"Hey now, what is it?" she asks, curling a finger under his jaw.

"H-Harry...did...did not sleep, okay?" he groans out.

"I know, you were just resting your eyes for about three hours, no?" Iman smiles.

"Nooooo," Harry folds his arms in protest.

"While you rested your eyes, Myra and the twins went back home with Gemma because of football practice for later and Deja dropped by with some amazingly smelling marvel themed cupcakes," Iman points out and he sighs, realising he did sleep long.

"Oh...Oh dear," he mumbles, burying his face into his palms.

Iman laughs a bit and moves closer to him. "Don't hide your face, I like it."

"W-Why?" Harry asks, still not looking up.

"We are not having that talk again, but I like your face and it makes me happy, sue me." She answers, trying to separate his face from his palms but he is stubborn.