four.

Zayn understands. It has been in him. He just understands.

Ever since he became friends with the shaky and awkward kid, that could not exactly speak, back in primary school, Zayn has found himself becoming more understanding and patient with life. It has been a healthy and somewhat testing friendship, but knowing how special and different Harry will always be, he has made it his mission to just be a true brother in friendship. Sixteen years of friendship and Zayn still finds himself learning more and more about Harry, which sometimes causes him to doubt how long he has truly known the curly haired man.

The car is safely parked in the small lot of the massive and ancient library building. It is warm, with the aroma of takeout food heavily lingering inside the car. The two men are sat respectively in the driver’s seat and passenger seat. Zayn is struggling to tear open another transparent sachet of sweet chilli sauce and Harry is busy studying the menu belonging to a restaurant, a concentrated and serious look is plastered on his face as he ponders about the prices for dessert on the list.

“I didn’t know you liked Jamaican meals,” Zayn says with a mouthful and quickly squeezes the little sauce into his mouth, much to Harry’s disgust.

“M-M-Manners Zayn! That….that is gross,” Harry complains rolling his eyes and gently tracing the menu with his index finger.

“I am sorry, but tell me what you want to order though,” Zayn replies dabbing the corners of his mouth with the white serviette and putting a plastic lid over the pack of his half eaten meal.

“Uh…not…not hungry, checking…for…checking just in case.” Harry mumbles and neatly folds the flyer slash menu. He puts it away in the small pocket of his backpack and checks his wristwatch for the time, making sure he walks into the library when it is about time for the book club meet up to start.

Harry wants to get there on time and before anyone else. The thought of walking into a room of people scares him beyond reach and he always tries his best to avoid that, even with his classes.

“Are you nervous or excited for today’s session? Is your assistant nice?” His friend inquires with a concerned tone and an absent smile cracks on Harry’s blank face.

“Iman….name…name is Iman, Zayn….her name is Iman and…and Iman, her name…,” he repeats tapping Zayn’s knee and slowly blinking.

“Hey! Iman yeah? Oh what a lovely name, it does mean faith in Arabic, okay Harry,” Zayn quickly brings his hand to gently grip on Harry’s wrist and take his hand from his knee.

“How…how do you know? Zayn is not A-Arabic…,” Harry drawls slowly recoiling his hand and folding his hands across his chest.

“I am a Muslim, Oh nice to meet you Harry, you are Harry right?” Zayn replies rolling his eyes and shaking his head.

“Yes…Yes Harry!” Harry giggles in excitement, not really catching the joke.

“So this Iman, is she nice so far?” Zayn mentally face palms and sighs, deciding to return back to the topic.

Harry bites down his lip suppressing a giggle. “Yes….yes…yes Iman is nice, like…like nice Zayn! Like nice,”

“Okay that’s great, that way you will adjust well and enjoy it.” Zayn plainly says and adjusts his wine coloured beanie, hanging down his head.

“Oh….Oh she is pretty as well….and…and has big hair, A-afro hair, I like it…I like a lot too but…but her niceness is awesome,” the curly haired speaks and eyes down the brown fedora hat sat between his legs.

A smile creeps up on Zayn’s face as he eyes his friend. “Oh she is nice and pretty with big hair, that must be really cool Harry,”

“She…Iman likes…likes almonds and…and comics, she told Harry so…so I know, Harry knows,” he beams with pride and earns a little chuckle from his friend.