Chapter Two: A snowy surprise

|Edric's Pov|

I was just chilling in the woods, totally wasn't crying, but I don't expect the fucking Golden gaurd to show up dressed as a scout! Like what the fuck?!

It's been a day and I'm still confused about it, what was he doing out there? Why was he spying on me? And why were they trying to act like they weren't the Golden gaurd?!

As I was thinking about what had happened Amity came into my room and face planted into my bed. "Woah, what happened to you?" I asked, I was sitting on the floor against my bed I got up and sat on the bed. "I ran into the Golden gaurd while trying to get Luz the titan blood-" she muttered, she had a run in with the Golden gaurd? "What was he doing there?!" I asked, I tried my best now to sound suspicious but it sorta failed. Amity sat up and looked at me confused. "Why do you wanna know?.." she asked raising an eyebrow. "I-i uhh- may or may not have had a run in with him.." I said rubbing the back of my neck. "What?!" Amity yelled her eyes wide. Maybe I should've lied.

I explained everything to her and she explained everything to me. Turns out he was looking for Titian's blood for the emperor. "They were also digging they're self a grave, he's honestly just... sad." Amity said, I could hear a bit of sorrow in her voice when she said the last bit. She continued telling me all the details about what had happened. He really did sound sad. Guess he really is a sad but bad boy.

"I think I need to sleep, after everything that happened I need it." Amity said getting up off my bed, "Alright, good night mittens!" I said smiling. "Oh and Edric, don't think I don't know why you were out there. Make sure you get some sleep okay?" She said before leaving. Of course she knew, honestly I'm not surprised. It's obvious with how I've been acting lately. Always being tired, not eating, and just not being myself. Maybe some sleep would do me some good. I need it.

• • •

I woke up to the sound of Batric screaming. They were like a personal alarm clock, expect they woke everyone up.

I got out of bed and quickly got ready for the day. It's a Sunday and there's not any school tomorrow, so i have time to kill. I decided I'd go back to the spot I was at when the Golden gaurd appeared. It's a spot I go to just so I can be alone with my thoughts. Probably isn't the best idea but I like it there. I walked downstairs and grabbed the bag that contained my clothes for the cold. I always made sure I had a bag with warm clothes, just in case if I needed them. I quietly walked outside and began heading towards my snowy spot.

After an hour or two of walking I finally made it, I had changed into my warm clothes awhile back so I didn't need to worry about that. I sat down in the snow, it's a peaceful day, no one's spying me. It's just nice to be alone. I take a quick deep breath before I hear something. It sounded like someone screaming. "What the hell-" I muttered and stood up, I followed the sounds and found a blond boy being chased my a griffin. Not sure if I should help him or sit back and laugh at this. The Griffen wasn't attacking him or showing any aggression, yet the boy seemed terrified. It was funny to watch, but I knew I didn't have a choice in helping or not. I used some of the beast keeping magic I knew to help lure the griffin away. No clue why it was here anyway, griffins don't like the cold.

I walked over to the boy to make sure he was ok. He had blond hair with a wild strand hanging loose, along with beautiful magenta eyes and a tooth gap. It was honestly adorable. Wait- what am I saying- I put my hand out for the boy to take, but then I noticed something. He was wearing the Golden Gaurd's uniform..

|Cliff hanger! Also if you haven't noticed Hunter goes by he/they. I like the nonbinary Hunter head canon, but I also like my head canon. So boom demi boy Hunter.|