Chapter Nineteen: The sleepover at the owl house

|Hunter's Pov|

I sat on the couch with Flapjack asleep on my shoulder. This sleepover thing was weird. It was almost like a moonlight contouring, expect you don't bring something to life. Luz had practically told the whole demon realm about what a sleepover was. She basically invented it, here anyway, it all ready exists in the human realm. Everyone was still awake since it wasn't that late, except for Edric and Flapjack. They were passed the fuck out. I had to carefully move Flapjack off my shoulder and too a different spot. I didn't want to accidentally have him fall of my shoulder. I could only move him to the table that was next to the couch, since Edric was using my lap as a pillow. Literally, he had actually put a pillow in my lap and had fallen asleep laying on it. But, it wasn't so bad. I did have the the cutest blight laying on me to sleep. So that's a win.

Amity and Luz were curled up on a bean bag chair together. Willow, Gus, and King where all sitting in a group talking. While Eda was sitting on the floor reading and drinking apples blood. I was just watching them while my mind wondered about random things. I had nothing to do except sit there and think.

I was thinking about various things. Like if I actually wanted to stay at the owl house, or if I should push Edric off of me for the fun of it. Stuff like that.

But in all honesty, I definitely wanted to push Edric onto the floor. Mostly to create some random type of action. So... I quickly pushed Edric off of my lap, he landed on the floor and immediately woke up confused. "Ow-" was all he said. I couldn't help but start laughing.

"Did you seriously just push me off-" he asked, although it was more of a statement. "I got bored." I replied helping him up, "You two love birds better keep it down. Im trying to read, which I don't normally do." Eda said suddenly. My face immediately turned red, and so did Edric's. "I am not gay! Especially for Hunter!" Edric exclaimed, earning a chuckle from Eda. "Uh-huh sure kid." She said taking a sip of her apple's blood. "You guys definitely act like a couple at times." Amity said chuckling slightly, Lux immediately popped up. "Wait- they do?!?!?" She asked suddenly, "Did you not just see Edric laying in Hunter's lap? They do that all the time back home." Amity said, I blushed with embarrassment. "You guys are gay!" Luz said pointing at me and Edric. I mean... she's not half wrong. "Not gay, just close friends." I said sitting back down on the couch, Edric sat next to me with his arms crossed. "Exactly." He said sticking his tongue out at Luz. This is ganna be a long night. 

                                 • • •

It was around one in the morning, I had just woken up. I couldn't really sleep much, so I decided I'd go outside for some fresh air. I picked Flapjack up and quietly snuck outside.

It was surprisingly light, well sorta. The moon was bright so I was able to see around me. I liked when it was night, something about it was just so.. peaceful. I sat down against the side wall of the owl house. Mostly so I wouldn't have to deal with the annoying bird tube thing. Seriously, what is that thing? I sighed softly, maybe I would stay with Eda and Luz, it would definitely be better than having to deal with Odelia all the time.. and I would be safer form Belos. I think I might actually stay, hopefully Edric won't miss me to much. I chuckled to myself. Edric's fun to be around, hopefully I'll still be able to see him.

I sighed, and gently started petting Flapjack's head. He was still asleep surprisingly. I smiled slightly, I'm glad I have get to have Flapjack around. Suddenly I heard something form beside me, I turned to see what it was. I was ready to run if it was a coven scout or some wild animal, but it wasn't any of those. It was Edric. He looked tired and slightly worried. I signed in relief. "What are you doing out here?.." he asked sitting next to me. He sounded worried. "Oh, I couldn't sleep so I decided to get some fresh air.." I said, Edric sighed with relief. "Are you okay?" I asked suddenly, Edric looked at me confused for a second. "Oh, yeah I'm fine. I was just worried about you.." he muttered, I started to blush slightly. He was worrying about me?.. "I didn't mean to worry you!.." I said, Edric looked at me surprised. He smiled softly, "I know.. but it's hard for me not to worry when i-" Edric started, but stopped. "Nevermind.." he muttered. I looked at him confused.

"When you what, Edric?" I asked, "It's nothing, really.. I just care for you a lot." He said smiling weakly. I sighed, there was no use trying to get him to say the truth. "Alright.." I muttered, leaning my head back slightly.

I'm to tired to question him now, I'll have to do it later. For now I guess we'll stay like this..

Word count: 920

A/N

Sorry for the late update. I was busy finishing school, but it's summer now! So I'll be able to update more often! Yayyyy lol.