Chapter Five: explaining the bird

|Edric's Pov|

Hunter and I surprisingly started getting along while the others were away. It was mostly over stupid stuff though. They didn't seem half bad, but then again they did attacked my sister and steal the portal key. So there's that. But they stopped trying to escape, so that's good.

                               • • •

It had been an hour since the others left, I managed to hold conversation with Hunter for a while, but he somehow managed to fall asleep. I thought I could at least get him to say something about the emperor or the portal key, but he refused. I mean.. I did sorta kidnap him. I sighed quietly, I decided I'd just wait here for the others. Maybe I'd make a snack or something? As I was thinking I suddenly felt something fall against my shoulder, I looked over and saw Hunter. He must've lost balance while he was asleep. He's kinda cute when he sleeps, wait- what am I thinking?! I could feel my face heat up. I sighed and carefully got up so I wouldn't wake Hunter, I then picked him up carefully and put him on the couch. He was probably exhausted from trying to break free half the time, he slammed himself into a tree on one of those atemps. He definitely didn't get enough sleep while working for the emperor, considering how dark his eye bags were. Poor guy..

I ended up sitting on the floor infont of the couch again. I knew the others were going to get some things so Hunter would feel a bit safer or something, but they were taking a long time. Hopefully nothing bad happened. I yawned and leaned back against the couch, jeez, now I'm tired? I decided it wouldn't hurt it close my eyes. I closed them for what felt like seconds, but when I opened them again I saw Hunter trying to get out of his ropes, again. The others were back and were luckily able to stop him, then I noticed how exhausted they all looked. "What happened to you guys?" I said standing up. Amity pulled Hunter over to the couch and sat him down, he clearly wasn't pleased. "The scouts did infact end up looking for Hunter, they questioned us but that was it. On top of that, we had to go back and forth form different stores because of Luz." Amity said collapsing Into a near by chair. "Well we need to gain Hunter's trust." Luz said leaning against the same chair. I could hear Hunter scoff form behind me, "Not ganna happen" he said leaning his head back. Suddenly there was a loud "HOOT" form the door. "Hooty?" Eda said confused, she opened the door and a tiny red bird quickly flew past. It flew over to Hunter and started tweeting like crazy.

"Rascal!" Luz shouted excitedly, the bird ignored her and landed on Hunters shoulder. "You did what?!" Hunter whisper yelled, he could understand the bird? The bird tweeted and flapped it's wings. "No- are you insane?!" He whispered to the bird. He wasn't being all that quiet. Seems like the bird was his palismen by how well he understood it. "Okay what is going on." Eda said slamming the door shut. Hunter jumped slightly at the sound. Titan, his reactions to things are so adorable.

Hunter ended up explaining a few things. He told us that if he didn't come back form a mission or meeting with the emperor, that his bird Flapjack, could go to the owl house. He did also explain that yes, he could understand the bird, witch even he was confused about. He also told us the Flapjack had tried leading a coven head to the owl house, and that the emperor almost found out. Apparently coven witches weren't supposed to have palismen. They only explained a few things and that's it. They stopped talking completely after that. Eda thought it was best to send everybody home, I guess it was getting late.

Word Count: 685

|I feel asleep while writing this so sorry I'd it might not make sense.|