Chapter Twenty Three: Moon Flowers

|Edric's POV|

I'm starting to have second thoughts about this. I have no clue where this map leads, and I feel like it's a bad idea to be trusting Luz and Possum, plus Flapjack. Who is literally following us.

"We're going to the woods, to most certainly die!"  Flapjack sang, causing me to glance at him in confusion. Even Hunter understood that. "Did he just say-" Hunter started but I quickly cut him off, by saying "Ignore it." Hunter didn't say anything after that, he just went back to looking at the map. We were about halfway to where ever we were headed. But that's when Hunter got distracted by something, because of course he would.

It was just a patch of blue flowers, but they definitely looked weird. They were grown in a circle, and were all.. sparkly and stuff. "Should we be concerned about those?" Hunter asked pointing to the flowers, I looked at him confused. "They're just flowers- what are they ganna do?" I said, Hunter rolled his eyes and picked one of them. "Because I've seen these before. They're moon flowers, and are very hard to find. But usually they're more hidden. They shouldn't be out in the open like this." Hunter said, I picked up one of the flowers as well. "You read way to much-" I said jokingly, causing Hunter to hit me in the side. "Ow! Hey- rude!" I said holding my side in pain and dropping the flower on accident. "They aren't normal flowers. They can become highly poisonous underneath a full moon. Demon hunters will often use them to coat their weapons in poison." Hunter explained, I just stared at him trying to process everything he said.

"Wait- if they're poisonous why are you touching them?!" I exclaimed. If Hunter dies by some stupid flower I'll never be able to ask him out! "Because I'm wearing gloves. Plus they can only hurt you if they pirce your skin, and they aren't poisonous to the touch." Hunter said picking the rest of the flowers. "Why are you even picking the rest of them?" I asked, deciding to ignore the fact that we're messing around with dangerous plants. "I'm going to give them to Willow. I'm sure she'll fine something useful to do with them." Hunter said while tying the flowers together using a plant glyph. "You and her have gotten close-" I said, trying not to sound as jealous as I was. 

"Well- she does always come over to the owl house with Luz whenever schools over-" Hunter said, while putting the flowers away in a bag thing he carries around. Luz gave it to him and he uses it to put random stuff he finds it. "You jealous or something?" Hunter asked, a smug look on his face. My face turned completely red. "Me?! Jealous over you?! Pfft- as if!" I said crossing my arms. Hunter started to laugh at this. "You totally are aren't you?!" He said, causing me to turn even more red. "Aren't you cute- I wasn't expecting you to actually be jealous." Hunter said with a chuckle. "Shut it- let's just keep moving." I said still blushing. "Alright, alright." Hunter said as we began walking again.

                                • • •

As we continued walking, we came across a very familiar tree. It was the Grom tree. I quickly snatched the map form Hunter an looked at it. I then realized the map ended here, meaning this is where they sent us-

"What is this place?" Hunter asked while walking underneath the tree. He looked past the cliff it was on, before sitting down underneath it. "It's where Luz and Amity defeated Grom together." I said, quickly sitting down next to him. My hand touched his slightly, which caused him to look down at both our hands. I flushed red and pulled my hand away, I didn't mean for that to happen. Flapjack flew over to us and landed on my shoulder.

"Pretty sure now's the time to tell him." He tweeted. Hunter looked over to us and titled his head. "Tell me what?" He asked, oh shit he could understand that. "Umm- nothing- Flapjack's just being weird again." I said blushing slightly. Hunter rolled his eyes at this. He then opened his back which has the moon flowers in it and pulled one out, along with some sort of book. "Here." He said handing the flower to me, I titled my head slightly and took it. "Why are you giving this to me?" I asked confused. "Because, They're beautiful flowers. And it made me think of you." He said. I started to blush and I could feel butterflies in my stomach. Titan why dose he have to make me feel this way?!

"Whatever you wanted to tell me, you better tell me soon-" Hunter said suddenly. Shit- "I know you've been trying to tell me whatever it is for months now. That's why you had Possum, Luz, and Flapjack give us that map." Hunter said, how the fuck dose he know this shit!?

"It's umm.. not important right now." I said nevously, I'm blowing my chance! Hunter scoffed, and laid his head on my shoulder. I blushed and chuckled nevously. "You're terrible at hiding stuff." He said, quickly taking my hand in his and intertwining our fingers. I stayed silent for a moment, before taking a deep breath and sighing.

"Fine.. I'll tell you."

Word Count: 938

A/N

Alright- so little spoiler warning. The moon flowers/The poisonous flowers- are going to become important later on-

I'll give you two hints so you can figure it out-

Hunter + Moon Flower