Chapter Six: Escaping

|Hunter's Pov|

I need to get out of here. I need to get back to the castle. Everyone is asleep, and that blight isn't here to use his magic on me. Maybe I can sneak out of here and fly off using Flapjack. Hopefully I'll be able to teleport, I struggled with doing it at eclipse lake. Maybe I'll be able to teleport far enough I can easily get away.

I looked around the room, for anything I could cut the ropes I had on with. There wasn't much but a letter opener. Guess it'll work for now. I grabbed it and started cutting away at the ropes. Kinda hard to do with your wrists are tied together, and you're using a letter opener, but I managed. Once I cut the ropes on my wrists I quickly untied the ones on my legs. I could easily just run out of here but I need Flapjack. I know Luz hide him somewhere, just gotta find him.

I quietly walked around looking for Flapjack, I took my boots off so i could walk around without having to worry about my food steps. I slowly opened a few doors, looking inside to see if I could find Flapjack. He wasn't anywhere to be seen, where the hell is this bird?! I knew I had to look inside every single door, I made sure to open the doors very carefully and quietly. It's not the first time I've snuck out of somewhere before. I continued checking every room, I knew Flapjack had to be in one of them. I even checked the basement, witch I didn't know the owl shack had. But still nothing, witch only left two places, Luz and the owl Ladies room. I have to be quiet, if I wake them I'm done for! So I slowly went upstairs, the owl lady had gone up there so I know it's her room. I tried my best to not step on any creaky floor boreds, and if I did I immediately waited for several seconds. I'm not sure why, guess I was checking to make sure no one heard it. I had made it to the second floor and started making my way to the owl Ladies room. So far so good. I made it to the door and slowly started opening it, I didn't open it much, just in case if she was awake. I peered inside, the owl lady was sleeping in a nest? Odd, and no sign of Flapjack. I checked the other rooms that were upstairs, and thank the Titan I found Flapjack. He was propped up against an old dusty looking bookshelf. I quickly grabbed him since he was in his staff form, and quietly walked downstairs. I sighed with relief and quickly woke Flapjack up. Next step was to get outside.

Flapjack sat on my shoulder as I thought of what to do. That weird owl tube could be awake. Maybe I can sneak out of a window or something? I know the owl lady's window can be lifted open, maybe I can use Flapjack to carefully fly across the room? That could work. I carefully made my way back upstairs and to the owl ladies room. I got on Flapjack in his staff form and carefully opened the door. Good, she was still asleep. I quietly flew into the room, I could easily just teleport out but that be to risky. I flew over to the window and lifted it, this window wasn't able to lock so it easily opened. I opened it as far as I could and flew out. I did it! I quickly started teleporting away. It was still hard to teleport, but I managed to make it far enough I didn't have to. Now all I had to do was make it to the castle.

Word Count: 679

|The ropes took him awhile to cut by the way. They were renforced and his hands were tied. Anyway, next chapter could take awhile because I wanna focus on school and stuff.|