More Adjusted

I was straining myself to recover as quickly as possible. Doing all the stretches Dr. Mint asked me to do and walked around more often than I would. I need to gain my strength back as quickly as I can. The only thing I don't want to rush is Rainbow. I have been teaching him how to read better, and write cleaner. The math he needs to learn and how the world works. He is a fast learner and absorbs everything I teach him. I hope by the end of this or next week he can go to school. I have had him over for over a week now and soon two weeks tomorrow. I have so much to do, but only if Rainbow agrees to go to school.

My phone buzzed with a notification. I took my phone out of my pocket and looked at the notification. Another news report about the villain. I opened it and read the article in great detail. This new villain was reported to be in the... Foster car building and left without stealing or attacking anyone? What kind of villain would do that? I really need to look deeper into this new villain especially if I can start running soon... maybe I could try it today... at the same time, it might be too soon.

"Sabre? When are we eating lunch?" I looked down and saw Rainbow looking up at me holding onto a book he was reading earlier.

"I can make something right now. I can't believe I forgot to make lunch already. Anything you want in particular?" I asked him as I made my way to the kitchen. Rainbow follows me from behind.

"Maybe some grilled cheese?" Rainbow asked me. I laughed a little

"It's been a while since I've had Grilled cheese. Good idea Rain." I smiled at him. Rainbow looks proud of the choice he gave me. I grabbed some bread from the fridge as well as cheese and butter. Rainbow tilts his head,

"Why do you have bread in the fridge?"

"It keeps the bread good for longer. It's a weird thing one of my guardians did for me as a kid."

"Guardian? Are one of your parents non-binary" I was a bit surprised Rainbow knew what that was or anything about the community.

"No... I uh... Want to help me make lunch?" I changed the subject. He doesn't need to know about that. It looks like he was about to say more, but didn't say anything. I pulled up a chair for Rainbow to sit in front of the oven. I picked him up and got him in the chair.

"I don't know how to cook though..."

"It's alright. Let this be your first cooking lesson." I smiled and Rainbow looked at the oven curiously. I grabbed a pan and put it on the stovetop of my electric oven. I turned up the temperature and gave Rainbow a spatula.

"I'll spread butter on the bed. It helps the butter be nicely melted on the bread. I want you to flip the bread over while it cooks alright?"

"When do I know it's ready?"

"Hmm... It's always a tricky one. You just check by lifting the bottle of the bread. If it's an orange-brown, flip it over, if it's darker, flip it over as quickly as you can and if it's still white then it's not ready." I explained to him as I started to butter the slices of bread with a butter knife. Rainbow thinks about what I said.

"Right. Check and react."

"Yup, sometimes in life you only have a second before the golden-brown of a grilled cheese becomes dark and crispy. A good reaction time can keep the bread good." I added a bit of a life lesson into our conversation. Rainbow laughs and then looks at me.

"I think I'm ready!

"Alright then. Here comes the bread and cheese." I placed the slices of bread on the pan and placed the cheese stovetop on the slices of bread. "Want extra cheese with your sandwich?" I asked him. He shook his head and I added an extra slice of cheese to a sandwich.