Heart Attack

A few days later

Sabre

I had a break from work, and Rainbow was still at school. I had about... two more hours until he gets home. After everything that has happened.... The things he has told me and showed me... I've been spending ever ounce of my time on one thing.

Finding his forever home.

He's grown a lot, and the sooner I get my leg healed, the sooner I can go back to my job as the Flash... which should be soon. Which means Rainbow will be the last foster child I'll take care of... and of course he gets to accidentally be the hardest case.

I've been browsing through all adoptions, anyone who would like a young boy around his age, which isn't many. I also have to narrow it down to see if they live near the school Rainbow attends too, he likes going there and has made a lot of friends. I don't want him to suddenly get moved.

I had 15 open interviews I can accept, already I had to take away nine. None of them live in this school district. Six left. I looked at these six families. I need someone who is patient and kind to him, and has a lot of them they can spend with them. Looking at two families who already have a lot of kids, I knew that wouldn't be a good fit for him. I crossed them off.

Four left.

I need a family who is very active and doesn't like to drive often due to Rainbow's fear of cars he is only now getting over. I looked at one of the families descriptions. They say the love car trips and traveling. Sadly that wouldn't work for Rainbow. Down to three.

Next I looked over the age of the adoptions. One of the couples seem a lot older and with how energized Rainbow has become I don't think they would fit. Two families left.

I read each of the two families's descriptions carefully. Reviewing anything that might harm or help Rainbow when it comes to adjusting to a new family. The first family had no kids and have been struggling to have any kids, they live close to here, but are in a religious group. Not that's it a bad thing it's just hard for Rainbow if they want him to join that group, I can't tell if they would force him to join or if they would welcome him no matter what he believes in.

The second family is of two guys who are happily married with one little girl they have adopted but wanted to adopt a boy as well. They seem really sweet and they have had no problems with the little one they first adopted. I'm just worried that they might be... I... yeah they seem right. There is no reason for them not to be right. They would be a great fit for Rainbow...

So why can't I accept it?

I put in an interview for the parents to come over and meet Rainbow, but my gut sank as I did. I waited for a response in silence. It might be a few hours before they respond to the interview. Well two, one to meet me so I better talk to them about Rainbow and then one where they spend a few hours with Rainbow.

The thought of him being with them made my stomach turn. They were perfect! A home in this area who would be loving an accepting of him. Would have the time to help him get past his trauma and be happy with a new little sister. They like to stay clean and not drive around often. They were young and had a lot of energy and have the experience of raising someone in there home! They were perfect!

I got a response from them. They said they would love to meet me and Rainbow. They even said they had time to do a meeting today... It would be perfect to do it today. I message in response that today would work and gave them a few times they could come over at saying I wanted to make sure Rainbow would be okay with coming over today. They said they were willing to wait until Rainbow was ready. I thanked them and got off my computer.