First Time isn't a Charm

I already knew the school I should put Rainbow in. A small school that was on the outskirts of the city. It's not populated with many kids because it's so far away from most housing in the city. I knew this place and have got a kid in the school once. All the students and teachers are very kind. It's perfect for Rainbow. I spent the rest of the day getting all the needed supplies and setting up an allowance for Rainbow. Once it was done I told Rainbow the news and everything he needed to know about the school. He seemed excited and nervous at the same time. Mostly nervous that he wouldn't do well in school. I did my best to reassure him. A few days later I was walking him to school.

We left early in the morning so we could get there on time, I haven't tried getting Rainbow in a car yet, but I know soon I will need to get him over his fear of cars. Mostly so I can recover faster and he doesn't have a fear that will limit him. Rainbow was as always walking ahead of me with his flash-themed backpack carrying on the supplies he needed for the day. I could mostly see the joy in his eyes. I was surprised he didn't seem nervous. Maybe today was something special for him.

"You look excited!" I told him cheerfully.

"I am! I think I am ready for school just like you said!" He said cheerfully as we continued to walk. I had a large bag on me for something special today. I was going to try running. That's something to think about later.

"Anything special you want to do today?"

"I want to watch some flash videos!"

"Why is that?" Rainbow pauses seeming a bit nervous about something. I was about to ask him what it was again when he spoke.

"It's the anniversary of the flash. It's his two-year anniversary." He mumbled a bit. I guess he is embarrassed about being a fanboy of mine. I looked at him in shock then checked my phone. He was right. It was November 13. I am a superhero and I forgot my own anniversary. I sighed.

"What's wrong?"

"I just completely forgot. Good thing we aren't driving I think they were planning on doing a parade this year." Rainbow looks at me in awe.

"A parade for the Flash!"

"Yup. the first year they didn't know what to do and this year they have a parade. They are going on the single road that goes straight through the entire city.... Your school is on that road actually. You might get pulled out to see it!" That gave me an idea of what I can do today. A way to show the new villain-

"Really! Can you see it from the apartment?"

"Maybe if you go high up enough. It's pretty far from the road they are doing it on. That's what they said on my phone at least." Yes, I was using my phone for all this information since I forgot. Rainbow seemed very excited.

"I hope the Flash comes back soon so the bad guy will go far away." Rainbow smiled. We soon made it to his school.

"I"m sure he will Rain." I walked Rainbow inside and into his class.

....

I went home as quickly as I could. Rainbow will be fine at school and if anything a teacher will call me. I got into my apartment and quickly went into my storage room. My heart pounded in my chest with excitement. I never thought I would get to do this again so soon, but here I am. Taking my Flash suit off the wall. I put it on to make sure it still fit.

The Red and Yellows were as vibrant as ever. The yellows were like lighting bolts down my arms. Legs, and chest. I even had little lighting bolts added to the mask. They were added so I could communicate with Professor Watts and sometimes the police. My eyes were covered by white fabric. It was later added by the Professor to help with my eye condition I still suffer from. He made the fabric identical to the one I still wear now. Just white. My flash symbol was on my chest. A red circle with a lightning bolt. My shoes were especially well made with some of the best friction the Professor has made. So I can stop quickly without falling over or overdoing myself. It still fits perfectly. It wasn't as snug around my legs as normal, probably because I lost some muscle around my legs. That can be fixed with a better workout. I pressed a button on my side of my and hear a click.
"Testing, Testing, 1, 2, 3." My voice changed completely. It became much deeper and seemed more neutral accent-wise. Not that I have an accent anyways. It's to help keep my identity hidden, kids these days can do a lot to figure out someone just on their voice alone. Especially the police. I clicked another button below that one and held both of them down at once.