Chapter 40

(Levy POV)

"SOLID SCRIPT: FIRE!" I shouted as the spell manifested, catching the attacking mages in front of me to catch on fire. I looked around, though we were still outnumbered I had faith that Freed would destroy that barrier soon and the rest of Fairy Tail would join us in this fight. I took my chance to survey the battle and what was going on. 

Most of the dragons didn't stray from the people that rode with them, but they did spread out amongst the Celestial troops. Cobra and Kinana stayed closer to the back of the forces, they were watching our backs to make sure that none of the dark mages tried to sneak behind us. Behind them was Sagittarius and his archers, they were supporting us from the back and some of the Sagitta would even run into the battle to heal some of the injured celestials. Yukino was on the opposite side of the from Gajeel and I, she had Libra and Pisces with her. Sting was watching her back and Rouge was fighting in front of her. The large ship, the Argo Navis I was told, was drifting on the starry river around that area. Fighting near us was Gray and Juvia, the water mage was never one to stray far from her beloved and their magic was very compatible so they were a strong fighting force. Aquarius and Cancer were fighting near Juvia, probably because they were all able to use water magic and they were taking advantage of each other's abilities to make the other stronger. Fighting in front of me was a teenager fighting with two rapiers and when I heard him talk his voice made me think that he was an old man. At the front of the fighting force was Aries, she was focused on protecting Lucy, as well as a rather feral looking white dog, I didn't know enough about dogs to identify the species from where I was. Natsu and Lucy were fighting together, Natsu plowing through the enemies in a fiery charge while Lucy would use her whip to take care of anyone how tried to attack from the rear. Near them was Laxus and the Strauss siblings, Elfman was in his beast soul and Mirajane was in her Satan Soul. Laxus would use a short burst of lightning to paralyze the enemy and the two siblings would take care of the others. If I were to guess, Laxus was saving his magic just in case Ivan had something up his sleeve. Erza was using her new dragon form; she hadn't moved further than when she first transformed to protect Jellal who was being healed by Ophiuchus. She was taking most of the hits as we had learned that the power of that scale piecing weapon was diminished by a powerful protection enchantment. I looked around further where I saw Taurus, Leo, and Virgo fighting at the frontline and the distinctive magic that Kagura fighting at the furthest side of the battle. I couldn't see the rest of the Zodiac but I now had a good idea where everyone was. 

As the battle continued it looked like our side was winning, I should have known that some like Ivan wouldn't have gone down that easily. 

(Wendy POV)

I watched as Ivan and his mages were readying various magic devices, he ordered for the cannon looking ones to be taken to where the red dragon and the ship in the sky. 

I was scared, really scared.

Romeo was holding me tight trying to protect me, but he was exhausted by whatever magic was used to capture us. Some of the mages who were guarding the cages would reach between the bars and try to pull my hair and feathers, laughing when I jumped at the contact. Romeo tried to pull me closer to the center of the cage when it happened, but the cage itself was too small to keep mages from touching me. I looked over at Obra, who had regained consciousness, he had a strange collar on him. It matched the collars that they had the older dragons wear when they didn't want them to their magic when feeding them. We discovered it had an added side effect of making it impossible to change into our human form. I got a better look at the monkey turn dragon.

At first, he looked like a very scaly Vulcan but after getting a closer look, I saw that there were some key differences between the two. To start with, Obra was brown instead of green or white, he was also slimmer than an average Vulcan. He didn't have the narrow face that Vulcans usually have either, his head looked almost human shaped. Obra looked like a slim Vulcan lizardman hybrid, he didn't have the single horn on the top of his head instead he had a leaf crown and thin black mane going down his back. The only thing missing was a pair of wings, with wasn't unusual with hybrids but it was uncommon. When Lucy became Natsu's mate, and it was obvious that I was going to be joining Natsu's pack, my mom wanted me to know everything I could about the medical needs of dragon hybrids. She didn't tell me how hybrids are created, outside of "they are what happens when a dragon and a being of a separate species love each other very much" and "I will tell you when you are older" but I was well versed in everything else I need to know.