Blood for blood - Chapter 4

CALLIE rhythmically tapped her foot in unison with the bass, watching her friends trip over themselves through bored green irises as she attempted to find any sort of entertainment as she celebrated the last few hours of her eighteenth birthday

''Oh, Goddy!'' Mika exclaimed, completely and utterly drunk. ''I need to pee. Can somebody watch my drink?''

''I'll watch it.'' Eric volunteered, sharing similar looks with his band of scumbags.

''Yeah, no.'' Trisha denied. ''I'll watch it for you, don't be long.''

''You can't rush pee!'' She yelled over her shoulder, bumping into a plethora of different people, and not bothering to mutter any apologies.

''You must be so fun at parties.'' Eric glared at the snarky brunette through pretty grey eyes.

''At least I get invited.'' Trisha hissed back.

Callie knew to tune them out before their argument escalated, raising her eyebrow as the seat lowered next to her.

She didn't even know what she was expecting when she looked over, her disappointment heightening as she glanced at Sean to her right.

''Hey.'' He smiled.

She was way too sober for this, and the bartender happened to be walking right up to her with a drink.

She snatched it off his tray, not bothering to read the note sitting next to it, and instead gobbling the contents down.

She swallowed hard, disgusted. Was Alcohol always that... she couldn't even remember what she was asking, turning to Sean and muttering a greeting.

He smiled at her, seeing her blink a heck of a lot. ''So, how's your birthday been so far?''

''Sucks.'' She answered truthfully, massaging her temples. Great, she was getting a headache just from talking to him. ''I'm not really having a good time.''

''And why's that?'' He asked.

''I dunno.'' She answered distractedly, eyes wandering all over the place. ''I'm not confident enough to do any of the things I want to do.''

''Like what?''

''Dance... sing... Meet new people I guess. I dunno.''

''With a little but of alcohol in your system, you can do anything.''

She hunching over, wrapping her arms around her cramping stomach. ''Yeah... no more alcohol for me. I don't feel too good.''

His eyebrows dipped in concern, he reached out to her. ''You're kinda pale, are you okay?''

''I'm usually pale.'' She replied with a forced laugh. ''I'm fine... It's fine. Don't worry about me.''

''I'm back!'' Mika yelled out, drawing eyes in their overall direction.

Callie jumped to her feet, swaying. She was feeling . . . she didn't even know what she was feeling. She felt suffocated, claustrophobic, in need of an escape, badly.

''What'd I miss guys? Where's Sarah?''

''She left with a guy, not too long ago.'' Phoebe explained, having just come back from the bathroom as well.

''Are you sure you're okay?'' Sean repeated, watching Callie trip over her own feet after having had only one drink.

The blonde in question looked to the crowd for answers. Sighing in relief when his eyes found hers again. And this time when he nodded towards the exit, she didn't hesitate to follow him out.

Though he easily blended in with the crowd and was a good six-feet ahead of her, she didn't give up. Keeping up with all his movements and turns. Following the strangely attractive boy, with the hood and the pretty green eyes, whose face he had yet to reveal, and yet she still found him insanely attractive.

It took her too long to register the fact he had led her to the back exit of the Diamond Unicorn's club, into an alleyway. A dark alleyway.

Or the fact she was now staring into the barrel of a gun.

Her heart dropped.

However, she collapsed before any words could even be said. Her vision faded to black just as he slid his hood down, revealing the face she'd been praying to get a snippet of.

He caught her, before her body could hit the floor, lowering his gun, and tucking it into the back-pocket of his jeans. Dragging her away into the cold night.

The last time she'd be seen.