Blood for blood - Chapter 24

BREAKFAST was sunny-side up styled eggs, piled on a toasted bread bagel, all served with orange juice

BREAKFAST was sunny-side up styled eggs, piled on a toasted bread bagel, all served with orange juice. Food fit for the long journey they had ahead.

Leo had come by to visit, bringing a duffel bag of guns, Ammo, bullet-proof vests, and even canned foods just in case.

Eilene had been horrified to see the guns, and was quick to tell Leo to take them back, but Alec had told her they were necessary, glancing over at Callie, and saying that, with the entire city after them, they were going to need to arm themselves with guns.

''Do you know how to use a gun?'' Leo asked Callie, catching her eyeing the .22 Caliber laid across the counter.

Her eyes jumped to him, and then to Alec, a couple of feet away, tucking a gun into his back pocket.

She looked back to Leo, shaking her head.

''You want to learn?''

''Sure.'' She didn't want to be completely useless, if the cops decided they wanted to do another search. If they did, she would have to completely rely on Alec, who seemed to know his way around handling a gun.

Thinking back to day at the gas station, and his confident stance and hold on the gun. Not to mention he had previously worked with Jarvis, which she had meant to ask him about.

''The safety's off, so whatever you do, don't put your finger on the trigger.''

She nodded.

He secured the gun in her grip, fixing her arm posture, and stepping behind her to further examine her hold.

The metal felt weighty and cold in her grip, but she couldn't even lie. It felt empowering, even though she didn't know how to use it.

He kicked his foot in between hers, spreading her feet further apart.

''Shoulder level.'' He said, his breath hot on the back of her neck. ''Hold it shoulder level, any higher and you'll strain your muscles.''

After letting her get a feel of what holding a gun was like, he clicked the safety back on. ''Now put your finger over the trigger.''

She did as he said, allowing her finger to hover over the trigger, although she knew the gun wouldn't fire, even if she did press on it.

''You're shaking.'' He said. ''You sure you want to do this?''

''Yes.'' She confirmed.

He grabbed the back of her arm, and leveled the revolver at the wall in front of her. ''To take someone down, all you need to do is get a head, or chest shot,'' He said.

''What if they're wearing a vest?'' She asked, biting into her lips.

He stared at her for a good minute, before blinking. ''On the occasion, their wearing a vest.'' He paused. ''Than, you're screwed.''