Blood for blood - Chapter 20

''HERE you go, girlie

''HERE you go, girlie. I drew you a nice warm bath, and left some clothes and shampoo up on the counter for you to use when you're done.'' Sue - the woman rocking the large set of busts - announced, with a clap of her hands.

''Thank you,'' Callie voiced, combing her fingers through her blonde hair, with hopes of reducing the amount of tangles she'd have to scrub through in the bath.

Sue didn't leave though, instead she sat on the edge of the bathtub and took a wooden brush from underneath the cabinets and began combing through her whitish locks for her.

A deep sigh escaped Callie's lips, she was encouraged to dull her head back, and she did. Shutting her eyes.

''You're beautiful, you know.'' She stated.

''Thanks.'' Callie mumbled, wincing a little when the brush went over a tangled clump of hair.

''You mind if I cut it?'' Sue asked, with a shiny pair of scissors in her left hand. ''Just the part that's tangled.''

Callie nodded, feeling a knot lodge in her throat as the voices downstairs rose, and furniture was knocked over.

''Is Alec gonna to be okay?'' Her mouth moved before her mind could process. She had tried her best not to showcase her worry, as Alec and his brother - or whoever that was - began screaming at each other, but she knew it was starting to surface.

''Yeah, of course. Those two always be getting into arguments.'' Sue dismissed, snipping off a piece of hair connected to a knot.

She found herself wanting to believe her, but the deep feeling in her chest was telling her she had reason to be worried.

Sue waited for a moment before putting the scissors down, and grabbing the bottle of shampoo.

Things were quiet between the two of them for a while, with the occasional splash of the water, as Callie scrubbed herself, and the squirt of the shampoo bottle, as Sue smothered her hair in foamy soap.

''Hey, girlie if ya dont mind me askin. Who is Alecksander to you?''

''Alec?'' She bit her lip. Her kidnapper. ''He's a . . . a friend.'' Which wasn't particularly a lie. Even while she was being touched and starved by Jarvis and his band of money-hungry idiots, Alec had been being sweet to her even then, bringing her food, assuring nothing would happen to her as long as he was around, and even going back for her ring.

Heck, he was even now an accomplice for her, while they escaped half the town, the criminals who wanted her fortune, and even a trail of cops who wanted in on the money-business.

He had even provided her physical support while she cried over her dead foster sister, and had nightmares.

She didn't know who she could trust in this world anymore other than herself, with everyone after her for her fortune, and for a crime that she didn't commit, but Alec... Alec was a close second.