Blood for blood - Chapter 41

HIDDEN in the flock of people, was a person

HIDDEN in the flock of people, was a person. A man, with his face concealed by the shadows within his hood, and the lanky form of his body, hidden beneath his dark wear, it was nearly impossible to see who he was.

With his dreary wear, and the brown paper bag he was holding underneath both gloved hands he easily blended in with the crowd of nobody's.

Though, while everyone crossed the street, or arrived at their destination, he took a quick right. Risking a glance behind him, to make sure nobody was trailing him, or walking in his general direction.

He made another turn, right into headquarters.

The woman behind the desk didn't see him, or just opted for ignoring him in general, probably deciding he wasn't worth glancing over at, since he wore nothing of value, and he lacked a muscular build.

Predictable

It was always the pretty ones. His feet carried him farther down the corridor, where he was passed by two men, wearing fitted suits, neither of which spared a glance in his direction, which only made his job easier as he lifted his head back.

Hell, he could practically walk in with his hoodie down, and his face exposed to the open, and they still wouldn't notice.

They were pathetic, and yet they were the states finest.

Who couldn't spot a criminal, even if he were right under their noses.

He shut the door and turned the lock, as soon as he located an empty office with a working laptop.

Taking a seat on the uncomfortable swivel, he inserted his flash-drive into the side panel. A bright green screen appeared before his eyes, that had him typing away rapidly on the keyboard, his eyes moving across each point in the screen.

A series of coded ciphers appeared before his eyes, in a sequence. A sequence of tiny words, numbers, and symbols, in which he easily decoded after glancing at it for only a couple of seconds.

AsGfC2ua0ad7adbwghay8a0AhFyIoHgTy65DgjJKNS

JhAgYuP291A101ouRt12sME7syNT

a p a r t m e n t

Apartment  He mentally listed off, his fingers moving again, much faster this time.

GAiYtUAI99isSHshyd8381dbYGYksvauawduaadwaj

gtreJVDs KGdxrBUjkgUGFTjmooiyTFCDrfguyrft#$^UF%cscUUOtm

H a r l e m s p r i n g s

Harlem springs

The door handle jiggled, followed by an angry shout of protest.

He had to hurry up before he brought attention.

He ciphered it so his messages could easily be tracked, found and decoded with deep and close listening to subword patterning, analyzing, and deep knowledge of decoding the messages that was planted in everyday languages and messaged.

He did his encryption in plain sight, practically anyone could read the text, but only a genius could overlook what was intended to be seen, and understand the key that was actually hidden beneath it all.

Where average people would fail to see the hidden codes applied in their everyday language.

However, he wasn't finished yet.

He wanted to test the state's apparent 'best' he wanted to see if they were actually as intelligent and qualified as they seemed.

Because in the message he had just encrypted, was the hide-out of the one they'd been looking for the longest time.

And if they didn't catch his message, it meant that they didn't deserve the knowledge, and they weren't as great as everyone made them out to be.

Fists pounded on the door, but that was alright. He was just about finished anyway. All that was left was the exiting, and the clean-up process, which had been made easy, considering he'd worn gloves, to prevent himself from leaving his fingerprints behind.

He slid out his flash-drive, leaving the computer screen black and empty, almost untouched.

And after spending a second regaining himself, he unlocked the door, easily slipping past the angry office-goer without bothering to make an excuse or spurt an apology.

He managed to make it two-and-a-half blocks before they finally caught up to him. He was uncatchable though, and made it out unscathed.