Chapter 39

AN: YAY! Finally a chapter!

Today was your 12-week scan. As yourself and Sherlock disliked not knowing things, you both decided that you wanted to know what the sex was.

You were going to be honest, you were nervous.

You got out of the shower, and the entire ride there, you were silent, just listening to Sherlock chatter about this new case. He was excited about the upcoming gender reveal. It's not that you weren't excited, it's just that your excitement was being washed over with worry. Your mood swings were definitely not helping either.

As soon as you sat down comfortably, it was time to stand up again and go into the examination room. Sherlock was constantly chatting, so much so that it got to the point that you weren't really listening anymore.

What if just, I don't know, shouted at him? No, that's mean. But he won't shut up! But, I love him too much to cause an argument. But surely he would just blame it on the hormones? Hmm...

"Hi, my lovely! I take it you want to know the sex, correct?" Dr. Pulver chirped, snapping you out of your inner-mind conversations. You lifted your head slightly, and looked at Dr. Pulver. However, before you could answer, Sherlock answered. What a surprise?!

"Yes. Indeed we do!" He answered, smiling. You rolled your eyes slightly, without anyone noticing. It was kinda involuntary, so you were glad no-one noticed.

"Sorry, sir. It's a new law that the Mother also has to agree, and has the final say! Most likely what it's like at home too, I believe?" Dr. Pulver joked.

"Ooh, Sir? I like her!" Sherlock laughed. You laughed a little too, your mood finally lightening a bit.

"Yes, we do want to know the gender, please!" You confirmed. She simply nodded, and lifted your shirt up to reveal your growing bump. You took Sherlock's hand in yours, and turned towards the ultrasound screen. You winced slightly at the coldness of the gel, even though you knew it was coming.

"Well, Mr. and Mrs. Holmes, you are having a baby girl"