Chapter 43

Your POV

Alex embraced you in a warm hug, before inviting you in and offering a cup of tea. Decaf, of course. You went into his living room and before you sat down, you went to get a towel out of his bathroom, because you were drenched.

"You didn't need to do that, love" Alex chuckled. Something about his Sheffield accent made you feel more comforted.

"I came for advice, not to ruin your seatee" you replied, with a poor attempt at laughter.

When you were around Sherlock, you couldn't use the Sheffield slang you grew up with, so it was nice to use it with Alex.

"So, what's up love?" Alex said, handing you tea, and helping you get comfortable on the seatee. You closed your eyes and sighed. You opened your mouth to say something, but instead of words, quiet sobs escaped your mouth. Instead of speaking, Alex just hugged you and waited until you could speak.

Sherlock hated you crying. He said it made you look weak and pathetic. Usually, you'd agree, but right now you couldn't give two shits.

"Would you rather talk in the morning? You can have my bed, and I'll sleep on the seated. I'm not letting you walk home now, love" Alex suggested. He just got you. He understood you. You simply nodded, and he helped you stand up. He gave you some old baggy boxers of his and a T-shirt, then left you to sleep.

You sat on the bed and a sharp pain crossed through your abdomen. Shit. It came again, but worse. You weren't due for another couple of months... It happened again and this time, it felt unbearable. You screamed first Alex and he came rushing in.

"Call an ambulance" you managed to mutter, before passing out.