Chapter 48

Your POV

You sat up slowly, rubbing your eyes, looking at your flat stomach. It was still dark though, but after three days of sleeping, you couldn't sleep any longer. You looked to see Sherlock asleep facing you. That was a rarity. He barley ever slept.

You slumped out of bed and checked your phone. The time was 3:00AM... It's three in the morning. What the hell could you do?

You went to the kitchen and made yourself a cup of tea. You were sad, but kind of relieved. Like, you and Sherlock... you weren't the parent-y type. Too busy. Always rushing about.

Eventually, the tea was done, so you took the teabag out and put the milk in. Lethargically walking into the living room, you logged into your laptop and waited for it to load. To your left, you heard Fluorescent Adolescent playing, and realised your phone was ringing. You picked it up and the caller ID showed Alex, so you answered it. What the hell was he doing up though???

"Y'alreet? Sherlock told me you'd been asleep for what, three days? I've been really worried" Alex asked (kind of all at once). It was funny, because when he spoke fast, his Sheffield accent comes out a lot.

"Actually, I think I'm okay. I mean, I've been thinking; Sherlock and I wouldn't be the world's best parents. Dead body parts in the fridge, bullets in the wall, whiskey in the cupboards... I just don't think it would have worked" you reasoned. That felt so good to get of your chest.

"Oh right. Well at least you're feeling a bit better, love. Do you want me to come over? I can't sleep anyway" he suggested, simultaneously answering your question from earlier.

"Erm, sure. I'm only checking my emails anyway. So yes. See you in about 10 minutes?" You answered. You then hung up, and logged into your Gmail account, to see 30 unread messages. Mainly sympathy ones. How do so many people know?

‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡

Alex eventually swaggered in, and you greeted him with tea. It was nice to see him more. Before you got pregnant, Sherlock didn't really like your friends coming round because he got jealous, and apparently it got too loud with all the talking...

He sat on the client seat, and you silently chuckled to yourself.

"What?" Alex asked.

"What's your case then?" You acted, laughing a bit harder. He looked around then realised and joined in the laughter. He moved to your seat, and you sat on Sherlock's seat. It was like Musical Chairs or something.

"You know, you still haven't brought Sherlock to one of our gigs. I thought you were going to. Now would be a good time too. Stress release. Have a good drink, listen to some music..." Alex said, while slightly dancing to make you laugh. You pondered on the question, but got disrupted from a sound in the hallway. You sniffed and could smell Sherlocks deodorant, so you knew he was up.

His routine would be to gt a cup of tea, check the fridge and come into the living room. You heard the kettle boil and smiled to yourself.

"Should I go?" Alex asked. You shook your head and furrowed your eyebrows.

"I'll ask him in a minute. It should be fun!" You added before Sherlock walked into the room. He eyed Alex, then you, and sat on the arm of his chair, which you were sitting on.

"Alex has just invited us to a gig. I could do with a drink, and a bit of dancing. What do you think?" You asked Sherlock. He simply nodded, and you stood up, to take the empty teacups into the Kitchen.

"Do you want another cuppa Alex?" You asked. He shook his head and you went to the kitchen.

When you walked back in, Alex and Sherlock were surprisingly getting along.

3 hours later, Alex said he had to leave to get ready for rehearsal at 9. It was only 7AM, and you weren't surprised it took him two hours to get ready.

He hugged you before leaving, and you walked over to Sherlock. You grabbed his hand and kissed it.

"I think we're going to be okay" you smiled.

‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡

You started getting ready for the gig. You had done your hair and makeup, and you just needed to slip into your dress and heels. Sherlock was pretty much ready, so, once you were done, you both left.

Alex greeted you at the door and walked you to the bar. Once you'd got the drinks, he took you both backstage, so you could watch the show from the wings at the side.

The show started and you danced along, and pulled Sherlock's arm to get him to dance. He eventually did and started laughing.

You did get drunk, and you think Sherlock did too. You had a really good time, and eventually, (at about 2AM) you decided to go home.

It was a good night.