King Asher

To the side is sort of how I imagine Carter's dress
Song- Partition, Beyoncé

"More rouges?"

"More rouges."

"Dammit."

For the past week and a half, rouges have been popping up all over the territory. Asher and Macon have captured at least 30 rouges and the patrols have killed double that.

Keep in mind this is all in the span of a week.

"I don't understand it. They aren't coming all at once, they just come in small groups of three or four every hour or so."

"I don't get it either, Asher."

In three weeks, Asher will be full alpha of the pack and Macon will step down. On Friday, Asher will be graduating.

All week he's been trying to persuade me to go the prom with him. I don't like dances. I don't understand how anyone can like that crap.

But because I love him, I told him I would go. I refused to go dress shopping, but Monica was more than happy to get my dress for me. I also told him no limos.

So here I am in the living room with my fancy dress, standing across from Asher in his tux.

Monica had spent the day preparing me. She took me to get a manicure and a pedicure, then after we went to the salon and they out my hair in a weird curly up-do.

My dress was red and floor length. It had a v-neck that went down to about the end of my rib cage. The top was covered in little silver diamond things and there was a slit up the side that went up my thigh. Under it I was wearing silver heels.

Asher definitely approved of this dress.

He was wearing a simple black tux with a red tie and his hair was gelled back. Just as we were about to leave to the crap fest prom, Asher was notified of more rouges lingering around the territory.

I haven't left the house in ages alone. With all the commotion going on, I always need someone with me.

"Let's just get this prom thing over with. Have your dad deal with the rouges tonight."

"Alright, alright. Let's go."

After placing the flower thing around my wrist, Asher took my hand and led me out the door.

"You may have said no limos, but you said nothing about stretch hummers."

"That's a fucking limo you piece of shit."

He just gave me a dazzling smile and walked me up the the car. The chauffeur opened the door for us and we got in. Soon enough we were on our way to the country club the school hand rented for the night.

"Champaign lovely?"

"Why the hell is there alcohol in here? Don't they know we're just teenagers?"

"Hush Carter."

He handed me the clear glass and poured him self one, tapping mine with a slight 'ping'.

"You seem really excited for this." I said eyeing him suspiciously.

"I am. Prom will be fun, you'll see."

"Yea, sweaty horny teenagers drinking spiked punch is really the bomb."

"It's the same thing with parties."

"Not at all!"

"Sure sure." He waved me off.

I have no idea how long this drive is, but I'm certainly not looking forward to it. At this rate, we'll be wasted before we even make it to prom.
------------------