Not Friendly

Song- Can't Stand It, Never Shout Never

I'm not a very preppy person. This morning everyone was talking about the spring dance.

The dance would take place this weekend and I saw several people holding signs or flowers to ask people out.

"I don't see how you can hate dances so much."

"The whole concept makes zero sense to me."

"Whatever Babs, you're just a buzzkill." Jay left to his Spanish class after we finished talking.

I was on my way to second period art. The art rooms were across the whole school. On my way to class, I saw Asher walking towards me.

"Hey Asher."

He smiled at me.

"Carter! Just the girl I was looking for."

"What's up?"

"Come with me, were leaving early."

"Macon isn't going to like that."

"Don't worry about it."

"It's a bad idea. We should just stay here."

"Lighten up." Asher warped his arm around my waist and started leading me towards the front of the school.

"Never in a million years did I ever think someone would need to convince me to ditch school."

"You've come a long way in a short time Carter.
-------------------------

"I don't understand why you can't just tell me where we're going."

"That ruins the surprise."

"I'm warning you, if it's something crappy that has to do with the dance, I'm going back to school."

"It's not, and what do you hate dances so much?"

"It's just a bunch of sweaty teenager crammed into the gym drinking nasty punch and dancing to music while the teachers supervise. If I wanted to do that I would go to a party."

"It's a time to go out, let loose and show off your date. Dances are fun"

"I guess."

Asher was bringing the car to a stop. I took the time to look around and see where we were.

"An arcade?"

"Yep. Would you rather go somewhere else?" He asked with a hint of worry coating his tone.

"No, I love arcades!" I tried to reassure him.

"Well let's go."

When I got out of the car, I made my way to the door. Asher caught up with me and put his arm around me, pulling me closer to him.

How have I never noticed how good he smells? His sent is indescribable, but it makes my mouth water.

That sounds so gross. I disgust myself.

When we got inside, I went to one of the token machines and put in some money for tokens.

Or at least that's what I would have done if Asher hadn't taken the money from my hand and put his own in. He gave me some of the tokens the machine dispensed and handed me back my money.

"I can pay for myself."

"I'm the one who took you here, so I'll just pay. Come on, let's go play some games."

I decided to play a racing game, and Asher played some shooting game.

After playing a few games and winning some tickets, I found the Dance Dance Revolution.