Glares and Car Rides

I didn't get much sleep last night. All I could think about was Asher.

Could it be true? No.

But when I touched him it felt like nothing I've ever felt before. But aren't you supposed to notice when you first look into each others eyes? I was tired though, so maybe that's why I didn't notice.

This is confusing.

I got up and got ready for another day in hell.

I called and asked Jay to pick me up early. I have a lot to talk to him about.

After getting ready I ran downstairs to get some breakfast. I grabbed an apple and I was on my way.

"Bye Macon! I'm going to school!"

"Wait come in here for a second."

I went to the dining room which is where I heard his voice coming from.

"Yea?" I asked standing in the doorway.

Everyone was sitting at the table and eating breakfast.

My eyes trailed to Asher for a second before they met Macon's again.

"Do you want some breakfast?"

"No I'm good." I said holding up my apple.

"Are you going to school this early?"

"Yea."

"You can wait and eat breakfast then I could give you a ride." He suggested.

"No it's fine, my ride is here actually."

"You got a ride?"

"Yea just a friend."

"The same friend who gave you a ride yesterday and took you out to eat?"

Asher growled at that.

Everyone turned to look at him, but his eyes remained on me.

My phone buzzed. I looked down to see a text from Jay, probably wanting to know if I was ready yet.

"Well bye everyone!" I said, spinning on my heal, and exiting the dining room.

When I got outside, I instantly spotted Jay's silver convertible. He opened my door from the inside when I started walking down the driveway.

"Why did you want me to pick you up this early? Are you feeling okay?"

I just smiled at him and went on to explain all of the events with Asher.
------------------

It was fourth period. Today the teacher announced that we're playing badminton.

I suck at sports.

When she dismissed is to go find partners, I practically ran to Jay.

"Hey partner!"

"Who said I was going to be your partner?"

"I did, just now."

Jay simply rolled his eyes at my antics and handed me a racket.

"Just a warning, you're practically a one man team because I can't do anything."

I may be able to fight well, and I'm quick witted, but when it comes to sports, I fail miserably. It doesn't make sense how my reflexes only come out when fighting.

We played until the bell rang. I was surprised at how good Jay was. sure we lost a few games, but he was singlehandedly playing for the both of us.