Queen Carter

Song- We are Young, Fun

Saturday night had finally come. Tonight was the night of the party.

At dinner I asked Macon if I could go.

He said no of course.

I left it at that considering I was going to that party no matter what. What better way to conclude my first week in California then to go to a party?

After dinner, I rushed upstairs to get ready. Everyone had gotten used to me leaving the dinner table as quickly as possible.

When I got to my room I put on one of my favorite sparkly party dresses. I then put in some dangly earrings and went to the bathroom to do my hair and makeup.

I'm not an expert on makeup, but I can do the basics like foundation, and lipstick. Don't ask me to contour though because it always comes out like a disaster.

After applying a light coat of makeup and lightly curling my hair, I texted Jay, telling him I was ready. I told him to park down the street because I had to sneak out.

I grabbed my heals and made sure I was ready, going over a mental checklist. I was about to leave when someone knocked on my door.

Shit.

"Uh who is it?"

I guess this person didn't have manners because they took that as a sign to walk in.

And considering my life is more cliché and drama filled than an episode of the Kardashians, Asher walks in.

He looked stunned for a second as he took in my appearance, his eyes lingering on my legs longer than they should have.

"Carter, you look..."

Asher got caught on his words.

I guess I literally make people speechless with my goddess-like looks.

"You look amazing." he finished.

"Thanks."

He didn't look to bad either with his dark jeans and white v-neck.

"So I'm guessing you're going to the party."

"Yep."

"Do you need a ride?"

Not this again.

"No."

I kept responding in short answers, trying not to make conversation that would make me late.

"Well I'll see you there I guess."

I was about to say okay until I realized what he said.

"What do you mean?"

"I'll see you at the party."

Of course Asher got invited. He is the alpha and everybody wants so get in his good side.

"Okay, I gotta leave now, so bye."

I walked to the bathroom and started trying to open the window.

"What are you doing?"

Who the hell follows people into the bathroom? That's wrong on so many levels.

"Sneaking out."

"You don't need to leave through the window, my mom and dad are already going to bed for the night."

"But what about the noise the front door makes?"

"Don't worry about it, I'll take care of it. I would feel better if you would just go out the front door instead of jumping out your window anyway."