**Bonus-Spin-Off**

HOLY COW!

100k READS? THATS SO CRAZY! I WAS HAVING A COMPLETELY NORMAL DAY AND THEN I SAW THAT!

I just had to post something as a thank you. I wrote this a few months back when I was first developing the spin-off. It will be about Ashley and Jay, but before you get too excited it won't be out for a while. I need to finish Loving Maddison before I tackle any other projects, and the spin-off is still very much in the developing stage.

I'll stop wasting your time, here's the chapter.

Enjoy!

*this takes place 2 years before Not a Monster

ASHLEY

Breathe Ashley, everything will be okay.

I turned the knob before I could second guess myself.

"Mom, we need to talk." I started, wringing my hands together in front of me.

"Oh Ashley, I was just looking for you! We have some last minute planing to do before the party tonight, so I was wondering if you would prefer white or baby pink for the table cloths? Or maybe we could do a mixture of both?"

"Mom."

"Maybe blue would match better actually. It would provide a good contrast with the center pieces."

"Mom."

"But we can't just add blue to the color scheme, that would throw off the flower arch."

"Mom!"

"Oh yea, what do you think?"

I sucked in a deep breath before continuing. "I want to cancel the party."

"What?" Her face fell. Crap.

"Well, it's just... there's going to be so many people there. I just wanted to have a small get together with my friends, and now it's something so big. Is it really necessary?"

"Of course it's necessary! It's not every day the Alpha's daughter turns 16!"

"But mom, it's my birthday. Shouldn't it be what I want?"

"I thought this was what you wanted. The party starts in two hours honey, if you wanted to cancel it, you should have told me sooner."

"Right, duh. Sorry I asked. Forget I said anything." I bit my lip and left the room.

Stupid, stupid, stupid!

"Hey Ash, you alright?" My brother calls from the other side of the hall.

"Of course, I'd be even better if you gave me my present though!"

"It's not your birthday yet Ash, you know the rules." He smiled at me.

"Why should I wait until 8:06? It's my birthday, and I want my gifts now!"

"That's not how us wolves work, and you know it. You were born at 8:06, so until then you're still 15."

"Shut up, you're annoying."

"Of course I am, I'm your big brother. Now tell me what ails you."

"This stupid party is making me nervous. My wolf has a bad feeling too." I had shifted for the first time a few months ago. Wolves usually shift from the ages of 13 to 16, and unfortunately I was a late bloomer, unlike Asher who got his wolf at 12.