Home Sweet Home

There will be an epilogue posted shortly

"Let's go, let's go!"

I sprinted down the stairs, leaving Asher to carry all the bags. We were finally going back to my old pack. Sure, at first I completely didn't want to go, but after calling my brother I was kind of excited.

My cast would be coming off today before we leave. With werewolf healing, it didn't take too long to repair itself. I'll still need to be careful with it, but at least I'll be able to scratch my arm.

"Be careful Carter." Asher yells, coming down the stairs behind me with all our bags.

"Live a little!" I yelled back.

Jay had been doing okay. His legs have healed quite nicely. He's been spending his days in the prison, but he's seeing a few different counselors to help him get on the road to mental stability. I don't talk to Ashley that much, but based on the things Jay says, I think she's trying to make things work.

Today we were headed pack to Red Winds territory so I can regroup with my family.

Ryan and Andrew were also going to be accompanying us on our little road trip. Asher loaded everything into the trunk of Ryan's van, and turned to face me.

"First stop, the hospital so they can cut your cast off."

I was bouncing in my spot, and I nodded at him. He just smiled at the energy I had.

Ryan sat in back with me while Asher drove and Andrew sat in the passenger seat.

The drive to the hospital was mostly quiet, the music softly playing in the background. I glanced down at my cast and looked at all the names scribbled on it.

Asher had obnoxiously taken up most o the space on the cast with his name, but Ryan has crossed it out and covered it with his name.

Let's just say Asher was not happy when he saw it.

A small smile formed on my face when I saw Jay's name printed in small, messy script. I hope we can eventually return back to the way we were.

Once arriving at the hospital, I jumped out of the car and practically pulled Asher out of his seat.

"Hurry up, fat ass!"

He grabbed me and pulled me into his side, forcing me to slow my rapid pace.

"Slow down speedy Gonzales, you might hurt yourself."

When the doctor eventually cuts my cast off, I start scratching all the disgusting dead skin and grime that had become itchy.

"You can wash that off in the sink over there" the doctor said, pointing to the sink.

I turned he tap and scrubbed the dirt off my arm. Once clean, I let Asher lead my back downstairs and help me back into the car where Ryan and Andrew were waiting, and from the looks of it, arguing.

"Carter, what do you think? Would a zombie with laser eyes win against a dragon without fire power?"

"Hell no!" I answered, " Zombies are way to slow and stupid. The dragon would just eat the zombie like a thug."

"That's what I said!" He screamed slapping Andrew a little. "I told you so man!"

And that's how the rest of he ride went.
-----------------

A few hours later, and we were staring to drive in finial at territory. I could tell we were in the area just surrounding the territory.