Chapter 9; Grounded

~
Ambrose sat over her chair, going through all the messages flooding through her phone since the last 2 - 3 hours.

Her dad had called her in that freaking happy tone like he won a million dollar lottery.

After she came out of the room, all the people just surrounded her, doing handshakes and telling her how good she was. People spoke a lot of things saying how good she was with her words and her points were better that those of Nathaniel.

The press and media surrounded her like she was a celebrity, asking all those kinds of questions which the foolish media ask.

' You were so good mam, but what do you want to say about your rival company, whose CEO Mr. McCoy was half asleep during the meeting? '

" Do you think that Mr.McCoy is just too irresponsible and deserves that post? "

Yes. Nathaniel was all she was asked about the moment she stepped out of that room.

The moment Nathaniel stepped infront of everyone, she kinda had figured out that he was off today.
Like normal he wasn't looking at her with that smirk on his face and competitiveness in his eyes. He looked lost. And very tired to be precise. His eyes were blood shot red and he seemed to fumble with his words a little.

She just played by it and didn't think that it would be a big deal and acted like she always did. But when he surrendered instead of replying back, she knew something was wrong. He  never let her come and speak her presentation like he did today.

When she started presenting, her focus was on that one guy who was not taking notes instead was just lost in his own thing. While speaking she did notice him yawn and she knew it was something about sleep.

She went to her home straight after that cause she had already wasted a lot of time in all the other things like that.

" Ahh you are here." Her father spoke with the biggest smile on his face.

" Yes dad." he seemed VERY weird. .

" Today's meeting, You just nailed it sweetheart. I am so proud of you." her father spoke giving her a hug.
But damn that felt good.

There had been a decent amount of time she didn't hear that from her father. And she knew that very well, that her father was proud because Nathaniel's image was spoilt.

Even though she was happy that her father was proud, she wasn't happy somewhere. She began to rethink about her decision of speaking against what he was saying. He wasn't okay.

" But I thought you did not trust me with the company." yes she said that. She did a good job why would he scold her? She was safe. Hopefully.

" I did. It was just that I wasn't in the mood that day." her father spoke, trying to shrug it off. Ofcourse she knew.

Her father asked her that she could take some rest and then she could continue with the work after sometime.

Opening her phone, it literally hanged. Messages were flooding in her message box. And before she could do anything, the person she needed the most that time called her.

" Ambrose. What is going on? Omg." he sighed, speaking with a chuckle.

" I have no idea Ian. Just a meeting and Nathaniel was speaking but he didn't look very well, I interrupted him like I do and he couldn't answer, and asked me to speak?! And when I was presenting, his eyes were blood shot red and he was yawning." she spoke in one breath trying to summarise everything which happened today.