Chapter 18; Unacquainted feelings

~

The two had spent a long day in the zoo, finally getting out around evening. They had no idea what took them so long but there was simply so much to discover and Ambrose didn't seem to be stopping soon.

"It's all because of you that my legs hurt like shit." Nathaniel let out in complete exhaustion as the two walked through the parking lot, looking for their cars.

"Mine hurt too, you ain't special." She whispered back, completely unable to walk any further. She abruptly stopped, leaning back against a random car. Nathaniel turned around to look at her, taking in deep breaths, totally taken over by her exhaustion.

"Come on, let's go." He said, grabbing her arm to make her walk yet again. The girl, however, seemed to be in no mood for that.

"I can't drive." She uttered at last.

"Well, me neither." He passed her a sarcastic smile, making her let out a groan in annoyance.

Before they could continue the talk, the clouds had showered their rain yet again this day. It was too sudden and unexpected, quite an astonishment for both. This made them quickly run off to the car which was closer, that being Nathaniel's.

Running off with a haste, they quickly opened up the car doors to their respective sides, got in and slammed them shut. The duo was panting, as if having ran a marathon. It was indeed a long run and the two had managed to drench themselves to some extend.

"Fuck." Nathaniel mumbled, finding himself on the driver's seat. Not his fault though, it was only an instinct to climb onto this seat since it was his car.

Ambrose let out a small laugh at that, suddenly getting a lot more comfortable on the passenger seat next to him. At least she could rest her feet for a while.

"Ugh, I shouldn't have listened to you. We should've been out of here way before. My feet would have been in a stable condition. But-"

"Shh." She cut him off, leaning back against the seat and eyes shutting close with a small smile never leaving her face. Nathaniel observed her for a few seconds, almost hypnotized by the sight the girl offered.

"Listen to the rain." She whispered, silencing all the noise in the car. All that could be heard for the next few minutes was the incessant downpour showering over the city.

Nathaniel let out a sigh in contentment, the sound of the raindrops hitting the surface of the car seeming to calm him down to a great extent.

"Nathaniel." She mumbled, turning her head towards the boy who seemed eager to look her way. They stared at each other for a while, not knowing when was the time to break off the eye contact. It was so peaceful, so calming, so enchanting.

"Blue Sandstone, down the lane. Fifteen minutes from here."

The boy rolled his eyes, looking away from the girl. Oh fuck her for ruining the moment. Ambrose seemed to be knowing what she had done, secretly smiling to herself in an attempt to control her laughter. With a pouty face and an upset look at his feet, he drove off in his tired stance.

The restaurant was beautiful. As said by her, they had reached within fifteen minutes time. It was a well decorated place, not too over the top, just the right amount of everything.

Ambrose had called up her manager earlier to ask him to take her car left at the zoo and bring it back home so that wasn't a problem. Both, Nathaniel and Ambrose had been starving after the long day and wasted no time in diving into their meal; possibly having the best dine-in experience ever.