Chapter 10; Bonnie Parker

~

It was happening again.

He could feel himself breathing but there was no scope for movement. It was impossible to think of trying of talk or any related activity. He was confined to his spot, body weight pressing against the bed, completely paralyzed.

He could see around; it was his room, all normal and usual but he simply couldn't get up. He was unsure of what to do. His heart was thumping against his chest and he could very well feel himself failing at controlling himself.

It went on for about a long terrifying minute before he shot up from his spot and sat up right on the bed, taking in deep breaths of relief. He put one of his hands on his chest, trying his very best to calm down his breathing. Oh, how petrifying!

It didn't take him another second as he grabbed a glass of water from the side table of his bed and gulped down the liquid hurriedly. His thoughts were simply not helping him.

There was no way he was experiencing this hell again. He thought they had gone. He thought he was finally free. Seems like fate had different plans for him.

Ugh.

~

"He hugged you?"

"Yes."

"He hugged you?"

"Yes."

"He hugged you?"

"Oh my god, Ian. Is this one of those english lessons on voice modulation or some shit?" Ambrose grunted in annoyance, already regretting telling about it to her best friend.

"I'm just surprised. Why on earth would he hug you?" Ian spoke, making a weird face towards the end, Ambrose's mouth instantly widening.

"The fuck do you mean? Why is hugging me a matter of disgust? Do I stink or something?" She diverted her attention from the television to the boy sitting next to her.

"When did I even say that? It's just unusual to imagine why he would've done that." He spoke, being completely ignored by the girl who had now switched to a news channel.

The moment she did so, her mouth fell agape. Too amused by the situation, she heard the reporters discuss on the topic 'Braylan McCoy, the ex-CEO of McCoy Group exposed Johnathan Bechtel, the ex-CEO of Bechtel Group of Foundations by calling him a traitor in one of the recent conferences.'

"What is he trying to pull this time?" Ian asked casually, munching on his bag of chips. It was all too normal at this point.

However, he didn't expect his best friend to be so mad about this.

"This fucker." She threw the TV remote on the couch and grabbed her wallet and car keys, totally unfazed by the guy who looked as surprised as ever.

"Yo, I thought this was normal in your families?" Ian asked, confused.

"Well, it was back in their days. But not now. Not when I own the company." She shot a last glare at the man's face showing on the television before removing the plug and walking out of Ian's house, completely ignoring his protests on turning off the news he was so invested in.

Ambrose was take over by fury as she drove past every place in a faster speed than usual. How dare that man say this to my dad? Oh how much she wanted to punch his face.

She soon made it to the McCoy family's residence; a giant palace-like bungalow, with greenery surrounding on all sides. The huge gates had a few bodyguards guarding the place but she did not bother talking to them and made way forward, ignoring them to the fullest.