Chapter 17; A date?

~
Coming home that night she just couldn't help but think, their bond had changed drastically. She knew it wasn't the same anymore.

She always thought of him as an enemy, a guy who she was supposed to avoid as much as possible, the one his dad hates and she was supposed to do that too. Things happened only 2 weeks ago, what changed?

The way she looked at him maybe.

She always saw him as a guy who she was supposed to compete. They never showed their real sides to each other, just mockings were served.
The smile they share now, was all fake till the last few weeks.
Something had really changed.

She sat in her car, driving alone today. Again. She was sure this guy would give her this experience more than twice.

Driving through the streets of the city, she was kinda relieved. A day like this one was rare when she took a day off on a working day. She did not tell her dad about this one though.
What would she even tell him?

Dad I am going to zoo with your biggest enemy's son. And the highlight is that I am too happy and excited for this one.
Her dad won't even take a minute to kill her. It was so ridiculous how similar their dads were. She remembered Nathaniel whining the same thing, saying the same thing.
Weird

Nathaniel had sent her the location through Google maps and that weird lady had finally stopped saying turn left from that ' the freedom fighter who died ' road and stuff
You've reached your destination
' thanks fuck.' she said that out loud, couldn't resist it anymore. Google assistants were annoying as fuck.

Stepping out from the car, she parked it far away from the zoo. She didn't want the people to think she was weird, cause ofcourse according to people the ones with big cars don't go to a zoo.

The weather was cool, light winds blew down her face making it just perfect. Sun peeped down from the clouds as if it just wanted to enjoy everything just from up there.

She wandered for sometime in the area outside the zoo, and then came to know that he was probably inside.
And it was just as she thought.

She saw him waving his hand, up high, trying to get her attention. She waved back, increasing her speed of walking now.

He looked nice. He was in an informal outfit, as if he just didn't want to be formal on this day.
He wore light coloured shirt, paired with a darker shade of jeans.

" You took time, I thought you ditched me." he spoke after sometime, when they were done staring at each other's outfits.

" The google maps took time." she answered shrugging her shoulders annoyed with it.

" You look nice though." he spoke after sometime not getting enough of how she looks. Simple yet so beautiful. Damn.

" You don't look bad either." she smirked looking at him, up and down.
Looking at him for a minute, teasing him like she did.

" Fuck, don't look at me like that. Feels like I am standing naked." he spoke dramatically, covering his body with his hands. Ambrose let out a hearty laugh at the dramatic guy.

" You're so dramatic." she spoke still not controlling her laughter.
He shook his head, knowing that he could not do anything with this girl ever.

They started to move forward, not wasting anymore time on the talk.

The thing which was very famous in this zoo was that the animals were just sent to their tanks at night. The whole day, different animals were free to roam in their natural habitats.