Chapter 12; Tipsy Reflexes

~

Ambrose was in a bar.

It was highly unlikely for her to be there without Ian but situations do take a turn sometimes. The girl was still confused how she actually ended up here just because of a little issue.

She had been daydreaming a lot about doing something better about her company but couldn't make out what. Some problems relating to the company had been bothering her lately and to get a tad bit light headed, she walked up to the most luxurious and gorgeous one she knew.

She was simply sitting on a stool and looking around observing the happy and sad faces. Quite beautiful, if you ask her. She had ordered a light cocktail for herself as she stared around, having it stealthily.

While her gaze loitered across the area, she spotted a familiar face. A bit too familiar. Knowing very well who it was, her eyes squinted in utter confusion when she spotted him sitting next to a girl of a similar age all dressed up and seemingly head over heels for him.

Nathaniel didn't really look like he wanted to be there as she watched for a minute longer. There seemed to be a lot of noise coming from that specific part of the bar and she noticed him sitting amongst a group of friends. Oh right, he was a social butterfly after all.

There was sudden cheering amongst them all before the girl sitting next to him leaned in an unhealthy amount of distance and pecked his lips. Ambrose could feel her own little personal space violated as she witnessed the sight.

Her mouth was left agape, the cheers from the unbothered group never stopping. She quickly turned around in her stool, taking a deep breath. Oh goodness, she shouldn't have come here. To her surprise, more than feeling guilty of invading their space she felt more annoyed at the whole scene.

Fucking loser going about kissing random girls who want nothing but dick. She wanted to say that to his face cause she was mad as fuck. What for? She had no idea.

"Jack Daniel's." She ordered the bartender who seemed pretty astonished at her sudden choice. He meekly brought forth the bottle and before he could even pour out a shot for her, she stopped him by snatching the bottle away from his hands.

"Ma'am I'm sorry but we can't-"

"I'm paying. What else do you need?" She let out rashly, silencing the guy who had no other option but to oblige.

The girl didn't know what had gotten into her as she poured herself a shot and quaffed it down in one go. Slamming the little glass on the table, she sighed at her childish behaviour. The fuck was even wrong with her?

It was just a random guy kissing a random girl. What was her problem? Oh here was the problem. The guy wasn't some random dude but Nathaniel McCoy, her enemy ever since she took her first breath. Her feeling what she felt when witnessing that was a fucking problem.

Another shot.

She could feel a few people's eyes on her, mostly with pity. They must be thinking she had some issues going on in the family for the way she had been acting. She laughed to herself, knowing how stupid she was.

Another shot.

They would never guess she was frustrated enough to possess a whole whiskey bottle just because of her apparent enemy. She would say she was disappointed and then again, when has she ever liked anything that the boy did anyways?

Another shot.

She could even blame it on her day. A day that almost ate her alive. It wasn't long ago that she had a fight with her cousin over some issue with the company and how a lot of people supported him. At one point she could see her dad joining his side but he did not. He was adamant on making his daughter's decision the final one.