Chapter 11; A Tiring day

~

The day had finally come.

He was honeslty yearning to go back to that silent room with a simple desk and computer just doing his work silently. Yes his office.

It had been almost a week and he had been doing nothing at this point. He was just looking at the sky or calling Felix sometimes just cause he was still a bit worried.

He had a talk with his manager and he had been keeping him updated with whatever was happening in the company, all the little changes and about all those meeting where his father visited.

He missed those boring meetings too and he swore to his fucking god that he would just have an ample amount of sleep before every meeting.

His head was just hurting at this point. He was too free. He explored his closet, watched all the T.V shows, memorised all the advertisements and listened to all the songs existed.
What else?

He was honestly a workaholic. He loved to work and especially at night. He would just stay in his office with a cup of coffee at night and just do his work the whole time, and just doing nothing was really weird.

He loved playing video games in college so he just started to explore places to find of one his old PS4. Nostalgia.

He remembered sitting the whole night with his homies, just playing Spider man, Resident evil, uncharted and all of those classics.

The whole night would just go eating pizza with any soft drink they would find. No tensions, no tantrums of his dad, no meetings. He was so free.

He took that out and started to play all of those games to kill the time.

That was it. This thing was just going past it. He couldn't take that in now. He could just beg his father to let him work.

So he did it. He went downstairs when he saw his dad coming with sweat on his forehead. He knew that his dad missed his retired life too now. So he just let him have a little rest cause he knew how it felt when you just came come, all tired, and someone comes to you with his freaking depressed stories.

" Dad. I wanted to talk to you about something." he spoke, nervous as hell, not wanting to meet his eyes with his father who was just sitting on his couch, reading the newspaper like he usually did.

" Hmm." he spoke not even sparing a glance at him.

" I am really sorry dad. I promise to-"

" Promise?" His father scoffed cutting his sentence in between.

" Yes. I will take a good care of the company like I do, and won't disappoint you." He spoke in a confident tone, trying to impress him by his words.

" I will try my best to defeat Bechtel group." He spoke slowly, knowing that he would have to spend one more week with his loneliness.

" You promise? " His dad seemed to love the last line. Still had hopes?

" Yes." He spoke confidently with a confident smile and a chance of hope.

" It's not like I hate you or something Nathan, Its just that you become too lazy with your work which just irritates me." He spoke, finally looking at his son.

" I will try my best to not to do that."

" Join tomorrow then." He spoke, giving him a small smile and looking back at his newspaper.

" Omg thank you so much." happiness flowed through his voice and without thinking much he just walked forward and engulfed him with a big smile.