Chapter 23; A Movie date

~
Nathaniel was sitting in his office, a hand kept on his forehead and he was reading this document since the past hour. He just couldn't get that in his head. He was tired.

He had been sitting on his seat since 9 am and it was about 4 pm now. There had been a lot of stress and burden on his shoulders lately. Not only him, almost the whole company was working their ass off to get somewhere big.

His knuckles had started making noises in that silent room. His phone was switched off so no noise from that source too.

He knew Ambrose would call him or would be messaging him to take some rest but he honestly had no time for that. He had been promising her that he was taking rest but no.

Both the CEOs had been going pretty crazy in work that they didn't even have the time to meet each other. They called each other in the evenings, messaged and chatted at night when Ambrose knew the guy couldn't sleep.

She was pretty tensed for his health after he disclosed about him having sleep paralysis.

She didn't want him to suffer alone. She read that not having enough sleep and a bad diet can effect this a lot too.

But ofcourse he never listened to her because of the less time he had and suffered afterwards.

Sitting back in his chair, he let out a sigh, completing the work that had been on his desk for the past 2 days. Hectic.

Some stupid companies had been troubling him for the past 2 days and he was handling the whole thing alone. The problem was that the company was German and he had to translate the whole thing in English first which was a task too.

The door opened, revealing his assistant entering with another cup of coffee. He looked concerned this time.

" This is your 4th cup. Are you sure you wanna have this one too? A lot of caffeine can affect your health. " he seemed a lot concerned. To keep him awake for the time till night, he really needed that cup. Dark circles were clearly visible below his eyes, showing how much he had been resting nowadays.

" I know. I really need this to stay alive." picking up the cup, he sipped the liquid, letting it take in his will to sleep. He chuckled at the face he made when he said that.

Shrugging his shoulders, he made an exit, knowing there was no use of telling him anything. He would eventually do what he wanted. What he wills.

Rotating his chair towards the big glass windows, big buildings crossing the sky limits touching the clouds with their heads. He just couldn't help but wonder,
What does he expect from me?

His dad.

To just be the CEO of the most successful company that he started and was continued by his son, in the process they defeated their rivals and they are almost bankrupt?
What will they even get from all this?

Just some anger which was fed to their children just when they were born. To hate the Bechtel family.
He honestly did not know why he hated Ambrose till now.
Just because his father wanted him to.

They were just asked to fight and not told why they were asked to do so.
He was so tired from all this.

Picking up his phone which he just switched on, he saw a lot of messages popping up suddenly. Some messages were from Felix and Madison, some were from Ambrose and his mom.

He opened Ambrose with the majority of messages.

You okay?

Stop ignoring me if you are! →_→