Chapter Four

I was still sitting on the same chair as before, my phone laying on the floor after i dropped it and never picked it up. My back was hurting me from how i was leaning on the back of the chair, arms in front of me, without moving. It hadn't been that long since i stopped the call with the other. I couldn't bring myself to listen to them crying as well. And i hadn't heard from Alan too. I didn't even know where i would stay tonight. If i would be able to go back home with my bike or not.

« Judith ? »

I turn to look around, my eyes probably looking dead. Alan was back.

« What ? » My voice was breaking between letters, clear sign that i had been crying my throat out.

« Your motorcycle has been brought here. It is by my car, in the underground parking. »

I turned back to were i was staring at the wall. « Right. Thanks. »

« I also got in contact with Thomas Miller. One of your friend and Hannah's boyfriend, i gathered. A colleague of mine has gone to retrieve them from where they are as he informed me that they didn't have functional cars anymore. »

« Good. »

I honestly didn't care that i sounded disinterested. I was feeling so empty and full of sadness at the same time. I didn't want to talk with anyone right now.

« I took the liberty to tell them that you were here too. They should be back in approximately fifteen minutes. »

I nodded. I brought my sweater sleeve's up to my nose, never caring if i made it messy. That's when a tissue was brought to my eye. I looked up to Alan who was the one to hand me the tissue. « Thanks. »

« You're welcome. » He sat next to me again, looking at me as if he wanted to ask me something. Of course he wanted to ask questions, he's a cop.

« What do you want. »

« There was somebody there right ? The noises i heard weren't the ones of Hannah, weren't they ? »

« And what if there was someone else ? The whole place disappeared in flames Alan ! What ? You want to bring the dead ? ! Alright, do it then ! »

He sighed. « Maybe it wasn't a good idea. I should have know you would have the same temperament in real life than on the phone. »

« Your decision. Your mistake. »

After that, i stayed quiet. Because even if he didn't say anything, he was still a police agent. He backed away when he realized that i wouldn't be talking anymore. In fifteen minutes, ten now, the group would be here. And i would have to be face with reality. How will Jessy react ? Or Lilly ? Would they blame me ?

I was the one who made a mistake. I should have come here much before that.

I must have zoned out at some point, because i was brought back to reality by a bunch of people coming in. Without thinking about it, i tried to turn around so i wouldn't be face to face with them. Because, Jessy, Lilly, Cleo, Dan and Thomas where here.

« Where is Judith Tolis ? ! »

Of course Jessy would be the one in charge. I felt bad for the guy at the front, but only for a split of second.

« Please Miss, calm down. You are in a police station. »

« Right, and i want to know where my friend is ! » Her voice broke and i understood that she was just trying to suppress her sobs. Like i had been minutes before.

Taking pity of the man, i composed myself and turned back to them, standing up. Nobody noticed me until i was the one to speak up.

« I'm here. »