Chapter Forty Eight

"So, can i have an explanation now ?" Dan asked.

After Jake's call, we quickly went back to Jessy's apartment. She was there, obviously. She was going to go see Hannah and Thomas when we arrived here. When she saw my face, she probably understood that something was wrong and decided to stay after all. I quickly sent a text to Jake, saying that i was home. He didn't respond but i never expected him to.

"I... don't know how much i can say." I answered him, passing my hand on my face.

"Is it about the thing between you, Jake and Alan ?"

"Yes. Something went wrong. Well, not for now apparently, but it could be later. I don't have the specific, Jake is going to call me when he can, if he can." I finally said to them.

Jessy looked at me. "Are you going to keep going after all ?"

"We have to. Alan's having a meeting that could bring us in the good way."

"Isn't it dangerous ? Because i'm pretty sure you said that he would not put you in danger." Dan said, crossing his arms.

"And he's not !" I nearly screamed at him. "Listen, you know how Jake is wanted by the government, he told you that the first time he came in our group chat. Well, someone from there, found some things about me. I don't think it's bad, but well, it's still the government."

"The government knows things on you too ?" Jessy asked, putting a hand to her mouth.

"Yes, apparently. But Jake is taking care of it. I'm not worried about me here." I'm worried about Jake. But i didn't say it, they wouldn't understand. Probably.

"Why did i have to come here then ?"

"Jake... wanted you to accompany me here, in case something would come up." I finally said. "But nothing came up ! And honestly, they probably could have try something much before that if they wanted to."

"That's right, i guess. But still, we should probably tell the other too." Jessy said, pulling her phone in front of her.

I slammed my hand onto it. "No ! No, there's no need for that. We'll worry them over nothing. Let me take care of it. I can sort it out with Jake and Alan."

"But that's the thing ! We're worried ! It doesn't matter that Jake and Alan are in this too." Jessy said, nearly screaming.

"She's right Judith." Dan said, looking at me seriously.

I sighed, sitting down on one chair. I couldn't blame them, but also i didn't want them to worry. Even i didn't know the specifics.

"Just, don't tell the other now. I'll see what happen when Jake calls me and then i'll maybe contact them."

"It's not like we can do anything about it. You won't agree with what we say." Dan grumbled.

"I know Dan. But if i can i want-" I stopped talking in the middle of my sentence. My phone was ringing. I took a breath and pulled it out of my pocket. I sighed, relieved. "It's Jake." I quickly pick up the phone. "Jake !"

"Hey. You're at Jessy's apartment right ?" Was the first thing he asked.

"Yes. I came back not long ago. I'm still with Jessy and Dan."

"Good. I took some proportions so i would be able to call, we should be safe in this matter at least." He said, sighing a bit.

"Are you a hundred percent sure ? What about him ?" I didn't mention Dylan's name or his name code. Because the others didn't really know about him.