chapter 17

"well this is surprising"

You said as she then approach you.

"May I?"

You just nod as she then sat beside you while you close your eyes again as silent filled your surrounding.

You wait for her to say anything because you know she came here for that.

"Y/n"

"Hm?"

"Are you... alright?"

"If I say I'm okay would you believe me?"

"...no"

"I just...want to save dvalin quickly before the poison spreads all over his body and went berserk fully but then we let him get corrupted by that abyss mage"

"Maybe if I move sooner or plan a sneaky attack on that abyss mage we can save dvalin"

You said while jean just listen to you as you then open your eyes and look at the butterflies flying around windrise.

"I should've act back there"

She then held your shoulder as you turn to look at her as she just smiled.

"We'll save dvalin no matter what, let's not lose hope"

She said as you got surprised slightly and suddenly chuckled as she was now surprised as you look at her.

"Tell me acting grandmaster, are you more like a dandelion knight? Or more like a lionfang knight?"

"That's a sudden question"

"You can refuse to answer if you like"

"I didn't say I will not answer your question, to be honest I want to be gentle as a dandelion knight but as fierce as a lionfang knight"

"Hmm~ I see"

"Why ask this question?"

"Well let's just say of all the acting Grandmaster I have known because of barbatos, your the only one that have met me as in person. Usually the people in mondstadt had rumoured about the other friend of dvalin and barbatos but haven't guess who they are"

"Ah that story about barbatos having another adepti friend, usually they didn't give them much detail because no human had ever seen this adepti nor even know there gender"

"Well the story is quite interesting but what got me confusing is that why people presume that I was from inazuma? Is it because I use electro element?"

"Well they did say that this friend had electro abilities which I thought they just made it up to make the story more interesting"

"I thought so too, I mean you know people's imagination when it comes on writing something"

"They did guess that right"

"Yes but truth is I wield three elemental abilities though I often use electro than the other two"

"May I know what's the other two of your elements?"

"Well I wield pyro and cryo but I barely use those, I haven't fully master pyro because I barely use it, it will trigger when I lose control of my emotion and trust me my pyro abilities is more hot than the average pyro heat"

"As for my cryo I could say the same but I'm getting the hang of it because I use this for escape or if I have no choice or if I have to chase Someone"

"I see, so the one thing you barely really use is your pyro abilities?"

"Yes as you can see I'm more into cold temperatures, I wield the pyro abilities to maintain some heat to my body"

"Since I barely use pyro, if I somehow use it I can feel my inside burning from it hence why I wield the cryo one to cool of the heat"

"So it's risky when you use pyro"

"Yes but if I master that elemental I won't feel those heat and I can control it fully"

"Well the outrider of the knights of favonius wield pyro. I could ask her to help you master your pyro abilities"

"That's so caring of you jean but I barely met the girl not to mention she is using a bow not a sword"

"Well it's better to master it sooner than later right?"

"....."

You didn't spoke for a while as you just look at Jean who had a concerned look as you then sigh and sat up while you cross both your legs.

"Alright fine"

She smiled as you both look at your surrounding and anemo butterfly suddenly went to your nose and landed on it.

You didn't budge as you let the butterfly rest on your nose for a while as you just look at it.

Jean then was watching you quietly as she notice how calm your face was and felt a heat sensation on her cheeks as she just watch you.

You then look at her and saw how her face was red as you then move your head to look at her and the butterfly fly away.

"Jean, are you having a fever?"

You said as she didn't spoke which made you concern and lean your forehead to hers to feel the heat.

She snap out of it but froze as soon as she saw how close you were and blush more.

"You don't have a fever.. strange.."

She immediately move away and avoid eye contacts with you as she can feel her heart rate increase.

"I- I should go back to mondstadt, I still have work to do"

She said and stood up as she bid farewell to you and left you as you just tilt your brow then shrug it off.

You then remembered what she suggested on talking with the outrider about your pyro as you thought of it for a while before you stood up and decided to go back to mondstadt.