Chapter 11: Macaque

Hey, so uh bad news. I'm sick with covid.

My dad is the one that got sick first and it spread like WILD FIRE!

I think I got the worst of it. So sorry if it seems like my writing is very much off.

Anyways, moving on from my pathetic sick self. I hope you enjoy reading!

♡~~~~~♡

(First POV)

I was meditating beside Monkey as he was on his cloud in the cave with the mural on it, well trying to.

Apparently for MK's training, Monkey wants him to bring down the mural. I mean, why would you want to destroy a priceless mural of yourself and your companions from hundreds of years ago? The constant sounds of a hammer being swung and hitting the wall of rock, isn't exactly appealing for me.

I cracked an eye open as I looked at MK, he was sweating profusely as he swung the hammer again, barely making a dint on the wall.

MK grunts as he spoke "You know, when I found out I was gonna be trained by the Monkey King, Great Sage, equal to heaven. I had no idea..." He then turned to Monkey with an annoyed look on his face.

"That I'd be stuck here hammering walls 12 hours a day!" He then threw his hammer to the side as it crashed into another wall, "Why am I doing this again?!"

"Ahhh, so I can make a mice lil' breakfast nook. Get some light up in here."

"Monkey, stop being lazy and do it yourself." I scolded as I reached into my backpack for a water bottle.

"Hey!" Monkey yelled offended as I stood up from the dusty ground and walked over to an angry and sweaty teenager.

"Yeah! I am meant to be Monkie Kid, not Construction Boy!" He whined as I handed him the bottle of water, he took it from my hand as he wiped the sweat off his forehead with his sleeve.

"How am I supposed to do the hero stuff if I don't know the fighting stuff?!" he continued as I looked at Monkey, who somehow had the staff in his hand as he twirled it around his fingers.

"Ooohooh. So...you want to know the 'fighting stuff', huh?" He asked as he stopped twirling the staff and smirked at MK.

He then smash the staff into the ground as he stood, "Like this?"

His eyes then glowed a bright gold as he picked up the staff, twirled it around his hand as he crouched down and threw the staff like a boomer rang. RIGHT FUCKING TOWARDS US! We yelped as I grabbed and pushed MK down to the ground, there was a smashing sound behind us as rock dust and rubble fell near us.

We looked up to see a much, much, bigger hole in the wall. My eyes were wide as my mouth was slightly agape. MK was in awe as he got on his knees in front of Monkey and said that was what he was talking about.

I looked back at them as MK stood and clenched his fist, "I am ready for some awesome!"

At that Monkey started to laugh hysterically as MK looked at him in shock and confusion, I walked up behind MK as I put a hand on his shoulder.

"Look MK, you can't rush this kind of stuff. This kind of training takes years to master." I told him as he looked at me.

"Lotus is right bud, You can't rush this stuff." He then cleared his throat as he turned his back towards us, "Um...you'll get there. You just need practice." He said as he waved his hand dismissively at him.

MK then brought the hammer in front of him as he looked at his mentor in sadness, when the hell did he get that back?

"But this isn't practice!"