Chapter 22: To Catch A Leaf

I hope you all had a good Thanksgiving! If you do celebrate it-

So I decided to go ahead and start tattling up the votes for the new LMK book, and I'm honestly not surprised you guys voted for Rengoku-

I mean, who can deny that hunk of a man-?

Anyways, I have to double check the votes again just to make sure.

I've also been sketching a bit of Bob Velseb from that Spooky Month video animation thingy-

Yeah, he's living rent free on my fyp-

It's not much, but I like it-

This is actually the first drawing I did that I didn't need a base for in a long time! And I'm actually very proud of myself for this one!

Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy reading this chapter!

Enjoy!

♡~~~~~♡

(Y/N POV)

Ever since I got back from Loong's cave underneath the city only two days ago, I've been having nightmares again, but about Macaque's death.

The memory kept on repeating in my mind every time I close my eyes, I haven't been able to get a sliver of sleep.

I've been trying my best to make it look like I was fine, but being MK's sibling, it's hard to hide it from him.

Of course I didn't tell him anything, the kid already has so much on his shoulders already, from training without his mentor around, that stupid bone demon, Macaque, to working, he's been super stressed here lately. I don't want to add more of my own problems onto him, he's already worried enough.

Right now I was in the kitchen of Pigsy's Noodles, washing the dishes as I looked like a skeleton from how tired and sleep deprived I was.

But it was hard to even do my job because of MK's hiccups, yup you heard me right, hiccups.

I have no idea what the kid ate to get these hiccups, but they were annoying and actually very destructive. I was having a hard time trying to even stand in place or to keep the dishes from falling over or dropping them.

"This is the worst case of hiccups I've ever seen! How'd it happen?!" Pigsy asks behind me.

"Soo, remember how you told MK not to enter that meatball eating contest?" Mei asks as she laughs nervously, making me raise a brow as I turn around to face the two.

"Under no circumstances, yeah." Pigsy affirmed before Mei shoved her phone in his face, making him look at the screen.

"You went ahead and joined the contest, didn't you?" I ask monotonously, raising a brow as I look over Pigsy's shoulder towards MK, who smiled sheepishly at me.