Valerie

A week had gone by and things were the same. Except the night routine . 

" Alright, " I said, tucking Ellie in her bed. Her eyes closed, little strands if hair sticking out.  

I kissed her and walked out, leaving the glowing light in her room on. 

" Im so worn out, like a rag. " I sighed. 

" You have no idea. " Louis recused his arms behind his head, closing his eyes. I turned off my light and got settle under the covers. 

I moved closer to him, and his arm wrapped around my waist. 

" Night . " I murmured in his shoulder. 

" Love you. " he said. 

" Love you more. " Satisfied, I listened to his heartbeat and fell asleep.

I woke up to the familiar sound of cries and screams. 

Without any comments, I went into Ellen's room and picked her up. 

" Shh. " I hushed her voice. 

" My my, no need to fuss. " I looked down at her wet eyes. 

I coughed and held her tight.

" Well sometimes I go out by myself, and I look across the water. " I started to hum the song, which turned into soft singing. 

" And I think of all the things that you doing, and in my head, I paint a picture. " her cries stopped and she looked at me with interest. 

" Well since I've come home, when my body's been a mess. And I miss your ginger hair, and the way you like to dress. " my legs slowly swayed us both in the dim room. 

" Won't you come on over? Stop making a fool out of me, " I carried the tune out. 

" Why don't you come on over, Valerie. " She was back asleep and I desperately wanted to be.

I set her fragile body in her bed and made my way back to the bedroom. 

Slithering in, I closed my eyes and started to dream. 

" I heard you. " A voice echoed in my sleep. I opened my eyes. 

" Singing. " He continued. 

" Yeah. " I said, turning my light on.  

" That's going to be her song now. " He snuggled his head into my shoulder. 

" Sung by you. " I shook my head. It's been a long night and I know he wanted sleep too. 

" Night. " I turned the light off and he rewrapped his arms around my torso.