three

HELLOOO!!! hope you're all having a great week so far!

ENJOY!!

my eyes widen when my gaze meets the face of a curly haired brunette. my heart skips a beat and my lips seem to part.

"r-ricky?", i croak out.

"nini!", he exclaims with shock, a tilt to his head.

my first instinct was that he was here on a honeymoon or some lovey dovey thing, but i still decided to ask.

"w-what're you doing here?", i question.

he clears his throat, "uhm- work."

i furrow my brows at him.

"marine biology.", he specifies.

my lips curve down and my brows raise as i nod my head.

"uh- are you here on a hon-"

"oh no no. definitely not.", i chuckle breathlessly, "i'm just vacationing."

he nods his head and then it falls to awkward silence. i haven't seen ricky since our freshman year of college and the rest is...history but also a long story.

"uh i should get going.", i mention, pointing past him.

"y-yeah. i guess uhm—see you around.", he says and i slightly nod.

i take off down the boardwalk and once i hit the sand i run towards my hut. when i shut the door behind me and lock it, i immediately call my friends.

"nini it's so late! i have a shoot tomorrow, what?", carlos complains.

"ricky is here.", i whisper, still in shock.

"ricky?" red questions.

"yes! ricky bowen.", i repeat, "i haven't seen him since the first year of college!"

"hey! maybe it's meant to be then.", ej chuckles.

"ej shut up.", i groan, "i don't want history repeating itself! i'm done with love."

"don't worry, i'm sure it's just a small incident. you won't see him again...the island is huge.", red reassures me.

i sigh, "i hope so. anyway sorry...goodnight guys."

they all smile at me and the call hangs up. i walk into my bedroom and fall onto the bed. i stare up at the ceiling, thoughts roaming my head. those thoughts are specifically ricky.

long story short...

he was my college heartbreak.

i let out a breath and pull myself up, walking into my bathroom. i begin to take off my makeup and get comfortable for bed.

i plop down on my bed and turn the tv on, watching a show until i eventually fall asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my eyes open, squinting at the brightly lit sun that was peeking through the opaque curtains. i yawn and sit up right, looking at the window wall next to my bed. the ocean was still and the sun was rising higher and higher.

i turn my legs so they dangle off the bed before jumping off to open the sliding door. i step out onto the deck and feel the cool ocean breeze run against my skin.

i smile at the view and turn around to begin getting ready.

the outfit for the day is a white sundress with the same white sandals as last night. i put my wallet and phone in a small backpack and sling it over my shoulder.