twenty two

HIII!!! hope ur all doing amazing!!!

this chapter is a little shorter than normal but it's so cute. LOTS OF FLUFF.

ENJOYYYY!!!

ricky and i are sitting on the couch, talking with ej when the door opens up. ashlyn, red, and carlos all barge into the room.

i smile at them while red and ashlyn stand frozen at the sight of ricky. i see carlos standing behind them with a sly smirk on his face.

"w-what is he doing here?", ashlyn asks, looking over at me.

"someone flew him over here...to make up with me.", i chuckle, eyeing carlos, "not to mention, without telling me."

carlos raises his hands in defense, "did it work at least?"

i let out a breath, nodding my head and looking at ricky, "yeah...yeah it did."

"he's not an idiot anymore?", red asks.

"hey! i'm right here.", ricky butts in.

red chuckles, walking up to ricky and fist bumping him, "it's good to see you again bro."

ricky nods his head with a smile, "yeah i uh- i was definitely an idiot to say the least. but...we've made up and—and everything's good."

"well i'm glad...because now you can be nini's date to my wedding!", ashlyn squeals.

"you guys are engaged?!", ricky exclaims, "congratulations!"

ashlyn chuckles, wiggling her left ring finger, "mhm!"

"do you wanna be one of my groomsmen?", red asks, "now that...everything's good between everyone."

ricky grins, "of course dude."

ashlyn and i clap our hands before we turn to see ej on the bed, frowning.

"yo what about me dude?", ej questions, "i'm offended."

"ej—you're the best man?", ashlyn mentions with a tilt to her head.

"oh that's right.", ej chuckles.

"the doctor told me you wouldn't have memory loss.", i joke.

ej shrugs his shoulders and we all laugh at the boy.

"do i sense a friend reunion when ej gets out of the hospital?", carlos smirks.

"it's not like you and seb ever left.", i mention and carlos rolls his eyes.

"whatever.", he responds.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

it's around 8pm and ricky and i came back to my apartment. ashlyn and red are staying at the hospital with ej. but the good news is that he should be able to leave in a couple days. bad news is...i have no job.

i'm sitting on my bed, looking on my laptop screen while ricky is showering in the bathroom. my heart seems to be holding in there...because now the job is my only problem. but of course, it's a big problem.

i chew on my lip while i look for different jobs that are open in la. i hear the shower stop and a couple minutes later ricky comes out through the door, a white towel wrapped around his lower body. his hair is wet and he has small water droplets over his bare chest. my eyes slowly gaze away from my screen and they pause on him. my stomach churns with butterflies and my lips are turning upward.

"you gonna keep staring or you gonna come over here?"

my head is brought back to reality and i press my lips together in embarrassment. my cheeks flush a bright pink and be softly chuckles, bringing his fingers through his wet hair.

i dangle my legs off the bed before jumping off and walking over to him. he's standing by his suitcase, trying to find a pair of clothes. when i arrive in front of him he stops what he's doing and looks over at me with a small smile.

my nerves begin rushing around through my body when i glance down at his chest before back up at his face. my eyes get caught in his gaze and i suck in a breath.

he cups my face with his hands and leans forward, kissing my lips slowly. i put my arms around his neck, my fingers finding their way into his damp curls.

his hands snake around my waist and he pulls me in closer, continuing to kiss me. i pull away, breathless, staring up at him.

"i love you", he whispers, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear.

"i love you", i say back, leaning my forehead on his chest.

he rubs my back and i let out a happy sigh. my heart is fluttering and i never want it to stop.

"i have something for you."

i stand upright and look at him, intrigued. he grabs a small box and hands it to me. i look up at him with a growing smile before sliding the top off.

i see a gold infinity necklace lying inside and i pick it up, holding it with my fingers.

"infinity?", i question.

he nods his head, taking the necklace from me. he lightly turns me around and i move my hair as he drapes the necklace around my neck. he brings the two ends to the back and clasps it.

"because i'll love you til the end of time. infinity."