eight

hello people. today was a depressing day. i cried all the tears i had. duffer brothers, expect my mental hospital bill tomorrow.

WHATRE U THOUGHTS HERE YALL- I LIKE- THAT FRIED MY BRAIN AND I FEEL LIKE I DONT REMEMBER ANYTHING THAT HAPPENED.

BUT ENJOY!

"breaking news tonight on channel 10. meteorologists have just reported a category 4 hurricane moving fast towards the popular vacation destination of bora bora.", the news anchor speaks, "they say that this storm could be hitting within the next couple of days. they advice you find a stable shelter quickly, seeing as all flights heading out or coming into bora bora are cancelled until further notice. we will be giving updates right here, on channel ten."

i drop the remote on the cushion and lean my arms against the top of the couch. i let out a breath and run my hands through my hair.

i check the time and stand, debating, before i call my friends. they all surprisingly answer.

"hey girl", ashlyn greets.

"guys we have a serious problem.", i say, breathing heavy.

"what's wrong?", red asks with concern.

"there's a category 4 storm coming.", i breath out.

"what!", carlos exclaims, "you're supposed to be on the beach in the sun and in the ocean!"

"i-i know but like- what do i do?", i ask, "this hut isn't gonna put up well with a storm."

"how about you get a flight out-", ej suggests.

i roll my eyes at him, "ej..."

"yes..."

"a storm is coming....do you really think they're putting flights out?!"

he shrugs, raising his hands in defense, "i don't know! i'm just trying to help, okay."

"nini maybe you need to find a hotel...", ashlyn says, "you need to be safe."

i let out a breath, thoughts overwhelming my head. i'm pacing back and forth in the kitchen when i hear a knock on my door.

"someone's at my door hold on, i'll call back.", i say, hanging up.

i put my phone on the table and quickly walk to the door. i open it and jump back a little.

"ricky? what're you doing here?", i ask, noticing he has no gear for work.

"have you—have you heard about the storm?", he questions.

i sigh, "yes...and i'm trying to figure out what to do."

he rocks back and forth on his heels, his hands stuck in his pockets, as he stares down at the floor.

he abruptly looks up, taking his hands out.

"look—", he says, moving his hands as he talks, "i know—i know this is gonna sound...odd? weird? but uh- i've been staying in...in an actual house...and—you can't stay in this hut so- you know...do you want to— to come stay there until then?"

i let out a breath that i've been holding for what feels like forever and my eyes scan everywhere else besides his face. i clear my throat, adding a nod to my head.

"if-if it's not a problem...", i say, "i don't know where else to go—hotels are probably booked and—"

he shakes his head, "it's not a problem. there's an extra bedroom and bathroom...and it's just me there so."