six

HII!! i hope you're all doing great!! i'm still holdin in there ig rip- buuuut

ENJOY!!!!

today is day 4 of being here in bora bora! and so far i'm actually having a good and relaxing time which is surprising.

i haven't thought about work that much...sometimes i'd just check in with work on my phone but that's not very often.

i'm cooking breakfast while facetiming ej yet again. my phone is propped up against the coffee maker which is next to the stove.

"okay but like—why am i like this?", i ask, waving the spatula around as i talk.

"neens maybe you need to come to terms with some...things.", he suggests.

"like what?"

"like maybe you still have feelings for him.", he says and i immediately begin to shake my head.

"there's no way! it's been four years! and you saw how heartbroken i was over that kid!", i argue, scrambling up eggs in the pan.

"nini—listen to me, okay?", he says and i nod, "he was you're first real love. you never really lose feelings for that first one. and in some cases even if that one love ended with you heartbroken...one look at that person again and you fall back in love. it's a dangerous thing but...that's just life neens."

his words flow through my ears and into my head, causing for me to go into a trance. my thoughts are all jumbled together in a knot and i'm not sure what to think anymore.

i hear sizzling and popping which drags me back to reality and i quickly pick the pan up off the heat, noticing my eggs were burning.

i plate my breakfast and sit down at my table, still on the call with ej.

"i guess you're right. but—how do i trust myself? like if this is some sort of fate or nonsense...how do i trust it? i don't want to go through heartbreak again.", i reply.

"you'll trust it if it's what you truly want.", he responds and i sigh.

"thanks...i'll let you go now.", i slightly smile.

he nods and the call hangs up. i finish eating my breakfast while just staring at the wooden table.

you'll trust it if it's what you truly want.

you never really lose feelings for that first one.

that's just life neens.

i take the last bite of my breakfast, standing up and putting the plate in my sink. i glance at the clock and decide i should get ready now.

i walk into my bathroom and do my usual skincare. i decide on using my curling iron to try my best on doing beachy curls.

i finish around 30 minutes later, unplugging the iron. i look in the mirror and shrug.

i walk over to the closet and pull out my white swimsuit cover up then i pull out a purple floral bikini and put it on.

(hehe reference)