nine

HII!! hope ur all doing well!!

ENJOY!!!

the bright sunshine comes through the window and i cover my face with the blankets. i yawn, tossing the covers off of me as i jump off the bed. i grab my phone and look at the time. it was late morning, around 10am.

i walk into my bathroom and begin getting ready. i pull my hair into a half up and half down look and put on a little makeup before scanning the outfits i put in the closet.

i yank a light yellow romper off the hanger and change into that. once i finish getting ready i take a breath and walk out into the main room to see ricky in the kitchen.

"oh hey", he smiles, "did you sleep good?"

i nod my head, smiling, "mhm."

he turns around and i see a plate in his hand, "i got brunch...this one is for you."

he puts the plate down at the island and i walk into the kitchen. i rest a hand next to the plate, biting my lip.

"crepes...", i breath out.

"you're favorite...", he adds.

i look up, "how do you—"

"know someone for five whole years...you learn a lot.", he awkwardly chuckles.

i awkwardly nod, letting out a breath.

"well...thank you.", i say, sitting down.

he sits next to me with his food and we both begin to eat.

"any storm updates?", i ask, eating the bite of food on my fork.

"uh- well they said it's slowing down a little so it could be an extra day or two before it hits...hopefully a lower category.", he informs.

i continue eating while nodding my head.

"is today supposed to be fine?", i ask, finishing up my food.

he shrugs, "looks like it."

"we should go explore in the town more.", i suggest, "enjoy the last day of sunshine."

"yeah we can do that. oh- there's this really cool store that i think you'll like.", he says and i smirk.

"and what store might that be?"

he sucks in a breath, "it's a surprise."

i roll my eyes, "you're still like this?"

"like what?", he laughs.

"surprises.", i chuckle.

"they're fun!", he playfully argues back, getting up.

he takes our empty plates and puts them in the sink.

"shall we go now?", he asks.

i nod my head eagerly, "yes...yes we should. let me get shoes."

i run back into my room, slightly closing the door behind me. my chest is moving faster than normal and my stomach feels like it's whirling around.

i shake my head and limbs, trying to get back into reality. i slip on my white vans and walk back out.

"okay i'm ready.", i say.

we walk out of his house and get into the golf cart where we begin driving along the boardwalks and into the town. it's pretty busy...everyone is probably preparing for the storm.

"we should go to the store before we go back to the house. we need food.", i mention.

he nods, "yeah that might be helpful."