eleven

HIII!!! i hope you're all doing great!! happy tuesday!!

chapter 12 (aka the next chapter) is so...ASHSGSHAH

ENJOY!!!!!

i tie my hair up in a bun and shut the bathroom light off, walking back into the bedroom. i see my phone lying on the bedside table and i chew on my bottom lip as i think.

i walk over and grab my phone, checking the time. it was 8pm which means it's 1am in la. i suck in a breath and begin typing. i simply type 'let's talk tomorrow' to the groupchat and then i turn my phone off, leaving it on the bedside table to charge.

i exit the bedroom and see ricky sitting on the couch, a show playing on the tv.

"what's on tonight?", i ask, letting out a breath, sitting down.

"the masked singer.", he says.

"oh my gosh i love this show!", i exclaim, "you remember we used to watch it in highschool with everyone? we had like parties for the episodes."

he chuckles, nodding his head, "i do remember that...and we'd all make bets on who the singer was."

"i lost like...every time.", i sigh with fake disappointment.

"they're revealing the person tonight.", he mentions and i gasp.

"omg wait let's make a bet!", i exclaim with laughter, "just for fun!"

he nods, chuckling along with me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"no it's definitely harry styles.", i assure him.

"you're insane! it's shawn mendes.", he argues.

the commercial break ends and both of us face our attention to the screen. we're anxiously sitting on the edge of the couch, listening in.

"welcome back...it's time to reveal the masked singer.", the host speaks into the microphone.

i hold my hands together, hoping to be right.

"and the masked singer is..."

there's a rumble of claps coming from the crowd, creating lots of anticipation. the person reaches up and takes off their mask, revealing their face. the judges all jump up in shock.

my jaw opens and i stand up, throwing my hands in the air.

"i knew it!", i exclaim, "i finally beat you. my life is complete."

he shakes his head, laughing but also in disbelief.

"i was so sure of that...", he sighs.

"listen...i know my harry styles.", i say, fake bragging.

i fall back down on the couch, letting out a breath.

"what time is it?", i ask.

"10", he responds after checking his phone.

"well i might head to bed.", i yawn, "and hopefully get some sleep with all the noise out there."

he nods in agreement, sighing, "yeah hopefully."

i stand up, placing the couch pillows back in their spots. i glance at ricky to see him staring up at me. my gaze gets caught in his and the room falls silent. my eyes stay connected to his for what feels like eternity.

i clear my throat, "well uh- goodnight ricky."

"night nini.", he quietly responds as we both head into our separate bedrooms.